Pages

The journey of a thousand miles begins with...the perfect pair of shoes.

Monday, July 20, 2009

RTT! Aerosmith, Chocolate and other things

randomtuesday

Randomness! I love it. My brain hurts. Let's get it out shall we?

*Have you ever taken all the keys off your computer keyboard and cleaned under them? A few of my keys weren't going down all the way and it was annoying so I decided to see what was under them. It was disgusting. Seriously. Gross. There was dog hair, people hair (mostly mine), pretzel salt, and other various bits and crumbs of whatever. I seriously thought about just tossing the whole thing she was so gross. But I have a lot of stuff on it and it would cost a pretty penny to replace her (her name is Yuka, BTW. She's Japanese). In the interest of frugality and laziness (who has time to copy all those files?) I cleaned her up and put all the keys back on. I'm happy to report that the keys now all work beautifully. If you do this, the first thing you should do is make sure you know where the keys actually go or you could end up typing a 'c' every time you mean to type a 'v' and it makes spell check go crazy.


*I painted my bedroom a gorgeous chocolate brown. I'm wondering if I'll crave chocolate in my sleep.

*I dreamed about Aerosmith last night (not dark chocolate). Weird. Steven Tyler kept following me around and singing "Love in an Elevator" and telling me I should ride the Rockin' Roller Coaster at WDW. It is an awesome ride, BTW.


*There are buttons on the sleeves of military coats because it grossed out a Navy captain when sailors wiped their noses on their sleeves. He had buttons added so they couldn't do it anymore.


*Indy's 7th birthday is on Saturday and it's killing me. He's growing up so fast. He was sick the other night, so I let him sleep with me. M is still TDY and
it was easier on me I worried about him. He almost never sleeps with us, unless we are on a trip. He went to bed before me and was asleep when I came in. When I crawled in bed, he reached over (in his sleep) and grabbed my hand. I cried. I know there aren't going to be many more times when just the comfort holding my hand is going to make him content. Man, now I'm sad. My baby!

*The couple in the painting American Gothic were actually the artists' (Grant Wood) sister and dentist.


*Ritz crackers are my own personal crack. I seriously cannot function if there's one in the room with me because all I can think about is how delicious they are. I love them and could eat an entire box in one sitting if I let myself.


*The first season of Friends is really bad. Ever catch it on reruns? Yeah, I know you do. It was just bad. I'm amazed it got picked up for a second season. I'm glad it did though. I still miss that show.


*When dh and I were newly married, we used to watch Mad About You and wonder if they were following us around before writing their scripts. Not that we lived in NY or anything, but we had many of those same conversations/arguments.


*You know how you can sometimes get a teeny-tiny little bump on your face that no one even notices, but you feel like has a giant blinking Looney Tunes style arrow pointing towards it? You know how you're NOT supposed to mess with it because it will just go away on it's own, but you can't and then it turns into a weird little red thing with a scab? Yeah, I thought you would. Here's a tip: if you do mess with it and make it a weird red thing, make sure it has scabbed over
before you put retinol cream on your face. You'll thank me for this.

*The names of Popeye's four nephews are Pipeye, Peepeye, Pupeye, and Poopeye!
Poor, poor
Poopeye.

*I wonder if all the people who bought the Amazon Kindle when it was $399 are now pissed that it's $299. BTW, if you're looking for the perfect gift for me, this is it! They won't send in to Europe though, which doesn't make sense. I know you can't use the Whispernet feature, but I can still hook it up to my computer and download books. Come on, Amazon!

*Ever wonder why we have 5 fingers and toes? What is so special about 5, other than the fact that you can count to 10?

Whew! I feel better. Head over to Keely's, grab the button and let loose!


16 comments:

Sarah said...

We called about another electronic item on Amazon once and asked why they wouldn't send it over here. We informed them that we have 110v outlets as well as transformers. They told us it was because they didn't want to fill out customs forms. Lame.

Cammie said...

I am overwhelmed by your randomness this week.

I want a kindle too
pics of your new walls?

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

My computer has a name too. Her name is Blanche. :) She's a white Sony.

I am Harriet said...

I actually use one of those air thingies to clean my keyboard. I haven't been too successful in the past replacing keys. Actually, my laptop is missing the delete key which really sucks :)

http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/07/random-blurbs-and-smores.html

Keely said...

I always thought we don't need toes, we should just have a flap. It's not like they're prehensile or anything. Then you wouldn't break a toe, you'd just bruise your flap.

Also one big segmented eye instead of the two limiting ones we have now, but nobody asked me before they designed the human body.

Lisa said...

Your dream was better than mine.

Indy is a sweetie and I wish I had a son sometimes. But if I weren't "fixed" and tried for a boy, I'd have another girl. I just know I would.

I'm afraid of what's under the keys to my keyboard.

I have one of those bumps on my face right now, but I don't use retinol, so whatevs.

And, finally, to reply to American Gothic. Yeah. Iowa is awesome. There is someone here with a huge metal structure of American Gothic in their FRONT YARD! And they call Southerners rednecks... yeah. no.

Lisa said...

Oh, and toes are pivotal. HAHA, get it, PIVOTAL! Because your pinky toe allows you to pivot! Did you know each of your toes has a function? The three center ones help you walk, the big one helps your balance, and the pinky helps you pivot and turn. Weird, huh? I might just have to repost that to my RTT next week.

Krystal said...

I am so glad I came by!! Your randmoness astonishes me!! Truly it does and I want a Kindle too but my hubs thinks its pointless because I barely have time to cook a decent meal let alone read - go figure!

Pollyanna said...

Poopeye - hysterical!

Buttons on the sleeves wouldn't stop my kid. I swear she thinks the whole reason she wears a shirt is so she's got a handy snot rag to pull up at a moments notice. She regularly comes home from daycare with a crusty shirt. Ewwww! She's only three - hopefully she'll grow out of it.

Anonymous said...

I am SO glad you found me on SITS. Your blog rocks! I still mourn Mad About You (pre-Mabel) and Friends. I feel like it's going to be The Office next which will really break my heart.

Mama Badger said...

Don't be too sad about the Kindle quite yet. I read in the WSJ the other day that because of the limits Amazon puts on advertising, some publishers are thinking of pulling their Kindle affiliation. As a result, other companies are coming out with Kindle-like machines that you might be able to get in Europe!

As for little boys and snuggles, I can relate. When LG wakes up at night, I am usually more than willing to go snuggle and comfort him. It won't be so long that just a Mama snuggle will make life all better.

We've taken to calling toes "foot fringe". LGs are so crammed on his feet that it's hysterical (and why are little kid feet so darn cute?)

The Rantings of a Drama Queen's Mum said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day. Nice list.

Allison said...

Poopeye? Really??

And I totally agree about Season 1 of Friends. It was HORRIBLE.

Mike said...

A little peanut butter on those ritz and I am addicted also! I would never take anything like a computer apart, It would never work again!!!! LMAO!

Kimberly Wright said...

That is a lot of randomness.

Michelle@DomesticationoftheSingleGirl said...

Sensationally random. I like.

Love your blog, even though I'm now looking at my keyboard in disgust and it's probably about to be dissected...Cooties and hair, oh EW!

Speaking of keyboards (and, erm, RANDOM) my friend confided in me that when she can't fall asleep she imagines that she's going letter by letter on a keyboard and taking each letter off and dusting it, then putting it back. Interesting. I tried this but even though I type super fast, keyboard and I are not on a letter-location-imagining basis.

That is all.
:D
-Michelle
DomesticationOfTheSingleGirl.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...