Pages

The journey of a thousand miles begins with...the perfect pair of shoes.

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Do you know what day it is? RTT!!!!!

Woot! Woot! Tuesday! Tuesday! Oh yeah, baby, time to empty the randomness that rattles around in my brain. It's Random Thoughts Tuesday! Let the madness begin!

randomtuesday

*I wish I could blame my weight issues on a thyroid condition. Stupid working thyroid.

*Do you ever think maybe you were a twin but ate the other one in the womb?

*I need to go to the gym.

*My house has not cleaned itself yet. WTF?

*Did swine flu make some sort of comeback? I didn't hear about it for a long time, and now it seems to be everywhere.

*I went to IKEA yesterday! Oh, how I missed it. I can't wait for the new fall stuff to start arriving. It makes me so happy. Plus, they had an awesome vegetable cous cous dish in the restaurant yesterday. Yummy!

*I get crazy excited when there are lots of comments on my facebook updates.

*I can't tell you my FB address because it has my real name on it.

*Bob Green's hair is so weird.

*I need to paint my bedroom, but am lacking in motivation. It's so....white though. It hurts my eyes.

*Our Army needs snazzier hats. The berets are so boring. We should get some of those saucy little caps the Scots wear. It's called a Glengarry and have a ribbon hanging down the back and a pompom on top. Or a Tam O'Shanter, which is a type of bonnet (not a woman's bonnet, but kind of like the beret only fluffier) and has either a pompom on top or a plume on the side. How awesome would that be?

*I so need to go see Public Enemies. Johnny is going to think I don't care. I care, Johnny! I care.

*I have so much to do for Indy's b-day party isn't not funny. Am I working on it? Nope. Mostly because the packages I shipped from the US haven't arrived yet. Still, I need to make the invites, work on the journals to go in the goodie bags, come up with the games and get refrigerator boxes for the tunnels. Actually, I did go to inquire about large boxes at our furniture store the other day. Sadly, I got there 1 hour after they crushed all their big boxes. Great. They promised to put back some for me though. Keep your fingers crossed.

* We got our a/c's in 2 weeks ago and now it has cooled off. Nice, huh? The high today is supposed to be in the mid-60's. Will dh turn off the a/c's though? Nope. It's like a meat locker in here. Indy and I had to put on hoodies this morning.

*Why can't my dogs learn to use the toilet? My life would be so much easier if they did.

Head over to The UnMom and relish the randomness!

18 comments:

Kat said...

I was gonna shop at IKEA online but they wanted £50 for shipping and I was all What The Frankfurter?!? and decided I would rather take my chances and drive 2 hours to IKEA eventually when I get around to it.

Cammie said...

amen on the dog thing.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Woohoo for IKEA! Can't wait to get up there again. :)

satakieli said...

A/C is for the weak!

(So, so glad it has cooled off here)

And on a random stalkerish note we were at IKEA yesterday too, weird.

Elle said...

The whole thyroid thing is over-rated. Mine is like a rollercoaster up and down.


Ummmm, that would be a no on the whole eating the twin in utero thing.

I've never, ever shopped at Ikea.

Happy RTT!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to tell you something, I've met Bob Greene a few times (brag) and his hair is MESMERIZING. I could hardly hear a word he was saying because of that coif of his. He also has piercing blue eyes. It's a strange experience.

Denise said...

Am I the only tard who doesn't know who the heck Bob Greene is?

Mother Nature is pointing and laughing right now about the A/C situation. I hate her sometimes.

Happy RTT!

Unknown said...

Oh go see Public Enemy... It is soo good, and when I was there Johnny was asking if you had said when you were going to go see him. The movie is awesome!!

Suzy said...

I too must go see Public Enemy. I love the early mobster movies and Johnny Depp would just be the icing on the cake!

Haven't been to IKEA in awhile. But when I was there last, I sure loaded up on "stuff"!

Great random post!

The deMented Mom said...

I hear ya..sometimes I think randome tuesday was made just for me to empty out the nonsense.

EAting your twin in utero??? NOW that's random.

Have a good RTT!
Jackie

Jenn said...

I'm like the only person on earth who doesn't really get IKEA? My SIL is an Ikea FREAK and I just don't get it...like, at all. I must be missing something.

Keely said...

I just snarfed coffee out of my nose over the 'twin' comment. Clearly I need to stop drinking coffee so late in the afternoon.

Or, y'know, stop reading blogs at work. Whatevs.

Liz Mays said...

Now I am going to go through life wondering if I ate my twin and if that's why...well, if that's why.

kel said...

Oh Johhny, we ALL care. A lot. Too much, actually.

Ps. I haven't seen it yet either... but I'm dying to!

Mike said...

Even though my brother and I are not the same age, I think about the scene in the movie "Twins" where danny devito realizes that he got all the genetic shit! LOL! That is how I feel sometimes with my brother!

Anonymous said...

Man, I'm with you on the dog thing. Oh, and love the name of your blog; life is too short!

MediMonsters said...

I live no where near an IKEA, and I have heard so many good things about it. Must look one up next time we are on vacation.

Have a great week!

Casey said...

I need my dogs to learn to use the toilet too, and also to make me dinner. They're lazy.

You're not the only one who wishes they could blame their thyroid. Let's just blame them anyway and not tell anyone the truth?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...