Pages

The journey of a thousand miles begins with...the perfect pair of shoes.

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Entschuldigung!

That's what you say when you bump into someone/need to move past someone/someone is in your way/you're sorry/etc, etc, in Germany. Quite a mouthful, huh? Entschuldigung (int-shool-dee-goong). Try getting your 6 year old to say that. It comes out something more like imschoolingoon or imshuvengoo.
Anyway, what am I apologizing for? I've been a bad blogger. Lately I've been lacking in inspiration and motivation. Maybe it's just summer lethargy? Maybe it's just because there's no big holidays to prep for (unless you count Indy's b-day, and believe me he does, which is bearing down upon me fast).
Here's a little something to keep you entertained though it has no real purpose other than I need to tell someone about it!!!!!!

I stopped at McDonald's today for lunch (oh hush, McD's in Germany is freaking delicious) and there was a guy in there that made me wish I could take photos on my camera and send them to my email. I'm sure I can, but I don't know how over here and just making a phone call is crazy expensive, so who knows what it would cost for picture messages. Anyway, I'll paint you a picture. Ready? Close your eyes and, no wait, you can't read if you do that. Never mind. He was about 5'10 and slightly chubby around the middle. Not in the beer belly way, but in the 'I've had one too many schnitzels or bowls of pasta' way. Not fat, just chubby around the middle. He looked very Mediterranean, with dark brown skin, jet black hair that he had slicked back (it was very shiny) and hairy arms and chest(you're wondering how I know that, right? Wait a minute). It was hard to determine his age,but I'd put him in the mid 40's range. He was wearing jeans that looked like they were painted on him with a white leather belt and a HUGE belt buckle that was bordered in rhinestones. Fancy, huh? It gets better. He was wearing a white silky shirt that was tight and open to about the middle of his chest (and that's how I knew about the chest hair) and 3 gold chains, one with a medalion bordered in rhinestones (I don't think they were diamonds). He also had on a pinky ring. Completing this ensemble though was my favorite part. Are you ready? Sure? Picturing what I described above? Okay, add to all that awesomeness a pair of white, crocodile print leather ankle boots. WHITE. ANKLE. BOOTS. You know you'd want a big old slice of that. I'm sorry I don't have an actual photo for you.




4 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Haha wow! That dude sounds like a hot mess

Unknown said...

HAHA I love the other worlds fashion sense... makes you wonder which planet he belongs too... We all know that Germany is still stuck in the 80's... I think they will always be! And I still after 3 years say excuse me, and thank you in Germany... I also say tscuess... or however it is spelled. And yes I scream stupid Stau when I am stuck on the freeway!!

Liz Wilkey (a.k.a. A Mom on Spin) said...

And what did he order? A wiener schnitzel??? Do they sell those in Mickey D's over there????

Susie Q said...

Wow. Elvis lives.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...