Pages

The journey of a thousand miles begins with...the perfect pair of shoes.

Friday, July 24, 2009

Dear So and So 6: Return of the Jedi and the Shoe Show!

Dear So and So...
Oh, double duty post today! I've got Dear So and So AND the shoe show going on today! My 2 favorite things rolled into one day: griping and shoes. Woohoo! Let's start with DS&S, shall we?



Dear Creativity/Inspiration,
I appreciate that you visit me, I really, really do. I realize that you don't work on any particular schedule and come whenever you feel like it, but could you please just do me on, itty, bitty, teensy, weensy favor? If it is at all possible, could you please, oh please, make your visits a little earlier in the day? Getting the urge to make invitations/empty toilet roll torches/braided whips/etc for Indy's b-day party at 11pm is so not cool. You know I can't go to bed while you're rattling around in my brain. Would it really be so bad to strike around, oh say, 1pm? I'd really appreciate it because right now, you're kind of keeping me up late. Can you manage that? KTHNXBYE!
Tired,
MIHH



Dear George Lucas,
You might get it from the title of this post that I am something of a Star Wars fan. Return of the Jedi came out when I was 10. It was my favorite movie forever. I so loved Han Solo. It could have something to do with my pre-pubescent crush on Harrison Ford, I don't know, but I loved that movie. In fact, I loved ALL of the original Star Wars movies. Yes, the special effects are terrible by today's standards, but for their time, they were freaking amazing. I was (and still am) so disappointed with the "prequels." You wrapped Star Wars around trade tariffs? WTF? Even with all the high tech special effects, they just weren't good. TRADE TARIFFS?
I understand you have a Star Wars TV series in the works. If it's anything like that travesty that was "The Clone Wars" I would appreciate it if you would just stop right now. Don't you have enough money? Must you continue to poop all over my childhood memories? The characters I loved are now all wrapped up in these horrible animated versions that have nothing of the originals in them. Please, for the sake of all those wonderful memories, just let Star Wars go. Let it live on in cinematic history,but leave it alone.
Disgusted,
MIHH





Dear House,
Look, we've got to come to some sort of agreement here. I've put things away, I've wiped things down and I washed things. Why are you still a mess? Can't you help me out here? This is just getting crazy. I'm thinking of moving because you won't get your act together. Then what? You'll get someone in here who doesn'tmake you look pretty, that's what? Is that what you want? Is it? Get your shiznit together!
Disgusted,
MIHH



Dear Idiots Parents of children that you can't handle but are totally "desperate" to have another one,
First off, you need a shorter moniker. Secondly, I am sick to death of you. Why, oh why, do you want another child when you avoid the one you have at all costs because s/he is a holy terror? You gripe and moan about how much work s/he is and how tired you are and how you’re just burned out at the end of the day. Do you think it will be easier if you add another one to the mix? I’m pretty sure it won’t. Yes, babies are cute and adorable, but they grow up and turn into what you already have. Please, do us all a favor and do not inflict another child you “can’t handle” onto the world.
Mother of 1,
MIHH

The Shoe Show

Now, onto the shoe show!!!!! You know I’ve been waiting for this right? It was really, really,really hard to figure out which shoes to show you. This isn’t even the tip of the iceberg, but I went for a spring/summer feel. Did you know that I have 62 pairs of and boots? Shhhh. Don’t tell M. Did you also know it’s really hard to take good photos of your own feet? It’s true. Try it. I took photos in my shoes because, shoes must be on a foot to be truly appreciated. Ah, enough of this chit chat, let’s look at some shoes!
The first 2 pair I wear quite a lot. The heels are just gorgeous on the first pair, and who doesn’t need a cute pair of red wedges? Nobody!
DSC_1069 DSC_1032
The first pair have about a 2 inch heel to them. Cute huh? The second pair are Anne Klein that retailed for $90,but TJMaxx had them for $45, but I scored them on clearance for $15! Bargain! And just look at that toe cleavage! Proper shoes with a bit of sex to them!

DSC_1019 DSC_1036
These are some of my all time favorite shoes. Both pair! Aren’t they to die for? They are fuzzy, which is hard to tell in the photos, but trust me. They also have gorgeous candy apple red bottoms. And really good toe cleavage.

DSC_1043DSC_1042
These two are my “go to” shoes. If I’m running out the door and need some shoes, I’ll go with one of these. The first pair are the ones I wear most. I have a brown pair almost identical, but without the buckles.

DSC_1038DSC_1052
When I’m feeling very Sex and the City, I can wear the first pair, and when I’m felling 1940’s Pearl Harbor, I can wear the second pair.
DSC_1048 DSC_1046
I love the first pair here. Very comfy and the second pair,well,every girls needs a good pair of sneakers. :) I have 4 other pairs of high/heel or wedge sneakers too, but these are my favorties. Look at that color! BTW, my shoes do actually fit me. They look big because of the way I was leaning over and putting pressure on the balls of my feet so I could get the pics.
DSC_1050 DSC_1068
Oh, I’ve had this pair for years! Aren’t they adorable? They’re so cute, I had to take 2 pics.
DSC_1055 DSC_1058
Indy picked out the first pair here when he was about 3 and a half. He liked the bugs on them. I bought the second pair at the same time, because you need a little bling sometimes and what's more bling-y than gold lame heels studded with faux stones? I feel like JLo (minus the bootay) when I wear them.

DSC_1060 DSC_1062
Aren’t they all lovely? I’d love to show you all of my shoes, but I’m afraid it would use up all of bloggers bandwidth.
Have a lovely weekend and thanks for stopping by. Do you have a favorite pair from the photos? Let me know in the comments!

25 comments:

Shari @ My Cottage of Bliss said...

Too fun! I can see why you liked my zebra boots since they are so similar to your zebra pumps. They even have similar stilleto heels.

Your lime green "sneakers" are absolutely the wildest thing I've ever seen! Cute, but I don't think I could get away with those at my age. ;) Those little black, strappy sandals sure are cute and sassy too. I think I could pull those off okay.

Nancy Rosalina said...

BEAUTIFUL shoes!!!! The animal prints are Gorgeous!!! Gota love the green tennis shoes...too cute! Love them all!!
I can tell you had fun playing in your shoes today...lol;) I did too!! Made me feel like a kid again!

Thank you so much for coming to the shoe show! I hope you enjoy it! Nancy

Pollyanna said...

Totally gorgeous shoes! All I have are the crap kind from Payless - someday after I win the lottery, I can buy real shoes.

On those idiot parents. A friend of mine was just telling me that her daughter who has five kids (the oldest one is going to college and the youngest isn't even potty trained yet), who's husband is out of work (and has been for several months), and who also doesn't work because it's her job to stay home with the children (why can't dad do that right now) wants to have another baby. WTF???

Tee said...

Oh! I was so looking forward to your shoe show. At the same time, I knew you'd put all the rest of us to shame. You did. Love the Louboutins. Some day I will have a pair of those red bottom beauties, if it kills me.

Debbie Petras said...

You have quite a variety of shoes. I loved that you actually modeled them for us. Very nice!

Mike said...

hell with the shoes! Nice feet! HAHA!

Lisa said...

WOW! You have some absolutely beautiful shoes! Thanks for the tour!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Love love love the blue kitten heels!

D said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Omg!! I love the Anne Klein shoes!!! The blingy ones are cute too... I am not to far out there on shoes but I am getting bolder as theis deployment wears on... No husband to tell me he doesnt like them!

Kat said...

I think my shoes and your shoes need to get together and do lunch.

Kimberly Wright said...

Awesome shoes!!!

JennyMac said...

Your letters make me laugh. Love them.

Oh, and did you need my address to send the red shoes? LOL.

Rue said...

Ooooo... I love shoes too! The Pearl Harbor and the pair that Indy picked out are my favorites, but I think they're all very cute :)

Loving the Dear So and So posts LOL

xo,
rue

Eve said...

my god this is like the best post ever. SHOES! and too add too the beauty comedy! I really enjoyed just everything about this and how can I join in with all of this?!

Sandy said...

The letters were great BUT the shoes! Refer to my blog and YOU figure out which ones are my favs, paws down!

AiringMyLaundry said...

Loved this.

And nice shoes! I wish I could walk in those. As it is I am a horrible klutz and would probably stumble straight into the wall. Or another person.

Nanna said...

cute shoes! you can never have too many shoes LOL
Helen

Unknown said...

I absolutely adore the first pair of shoes. Those are so fabulous!

Emily said...

Love them! I loved each pair better than the last. Well, except the ones with bugs on them. I'm all for shoe bling but draw the line at all things insect. My current favorite pair are these fabulous purple peep toed, t-strap sandals. I had them on the other day with my white jeans...h.o.t. Thanks for all the new shoe ideas!

lsnellings said...

I love that you have devoted a post to your shoe collection! I am obsessed with heels. My faves right now are the really cute purple pumps. And I am salivating over your strappy sandals with the flower crystals...HOT!

Sarah said...

The very first pair and your "Sex in the City"-ish shoes are my favorites. However, I really like all your shoes. I tend to pretty much hate all my shoes. I wish I had your luck with finding cute shoes! Have you bought any here in Heidelberg? If so, where do you shop?

Krystal said...

so totally jealous over the shoes here and the fact that you have like the best pedicure and cutsie toes!!! aghgh!! so not fair!!!

my faves were the first pair of green strappy ones - AWESOME!!!

Percy Jaxon said...

Yip, my favorite pair are my black, $2.50 Old Navy flip flops (gasp)! :)

Anonymous said...

Strappy shoes are the best. My wife wears them, she even squished a bug ones with a strappy pair! She's a trooper!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...