Pages

The journey of a thousand miles begins with...the perfect pair of shoes.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Bum-pa-da-bum! Random Thoughts Tuesday!

I lurve me some RTT! Woot! Woot! Are you ready (to rumble)?

randomtuesday

*I'm in a goofy mood today. I have no idea why.

*Last Friday sucked. I can't explain why on the internet, but take my word for it. Sucked. Big time.

*Germans like scented toilet paper. Why? No idea. We were low on TP the other day and I was going to the German market so I decided to pick some up there instead of driving all the way to the Commissary and getting it. Apparently Germans only sell HUGE packages of TP. The smallest I found was an 8 pack. Smallest. It's also crazy thick (but soft) and smells like roses. Odd. Oh, they're also into 4 ply here. Maybe that's why it's so soft?

*My house looks like a tornado came through and had little tornado babies. What happened, you ask? M had to go TDY for 2 weeks and was packing last night. He always leave a mess in his wake when he goes away. Who gets to clean it up? Yeah, that'd be me. Hurrah.

*I'm not worried about telling you that M is gone for 2 weeks. I live behind a huge fence, with armed gate guards. Sounds fancy, huh? It's totally not. Also, I live on the top floor of my building (it's a walk up) and have 3 very yippy dogs who are usually friendly, but are very protective and will eat you from the ankles up if you get to close to their mommy. Besides, once someone gets up all those stairs, they'd be too tired to do anything other than sit down and rest.

*I find the ham in the RTT logo disturbing.

*I went to the gym today and set up an appointment with a personal trainer. Have I gone insane?

*More Monopoly money is printed every year than actual currency printed throughout the world. Strange, huh?

*Happy Bastille Day. Did you even know? I'll bet not.

*5 dogs and 1 pig were rescued from the Titanic.

*I wish I had some ice cream. I'm not a big ice cream fan, but I could go for some right now.

*I'm avoiding my housework.

*I need to paint my toenails.

*Pepper is laying on the sofa next to me and is snoring so loudly it keeps making me giggle. If you didn't know it was dog, you'd think a 200lb man was making the noise.

*I love the show My Boys.

*Indy is at summer camp!!!!!! I am all alone in the house until 6pm. It's crazy quiet.

*A duck's quack doesn't echo. How's THAT for random?


I wish you all a lovely Tuesday. Head over to The Un Mom for all the ooey-gooey random goodness.


17 comments:

Snooker said...

I have NEVER seen scented toilet paper in the German stores. I'm missing out! Just like you I have noticed the HUGE packages. WHOA, I guess if you have to lug it home (probably on foot) and then up the stairs, you want it to last a LONG time.

Happy Bastille Day AND RTT Day right back atcha! We celebrated last night at the Brandenburg Gate. (Bastille Day, not RTT - silly me) It was wonderful. Nothing like watching a few hundred French folks dancing about with abandon and a thousand Germans watching them with suspicion and not even a tapping toe.

Kat said...

I REALLY miss the show My Boys. That is like one of my favorite shows EVER!. Oh and I never mention the TDYs until after The Man is back because I don't live behind the big fence.

Kimberly Wright said...

scented toilet paper, is it supposed to mask the scent of crap before it goes down?

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Haha! I had no idea a pig was rescued from the titanic!

Mama Badger said...

Dude, what do the Germans eat that they need 4 ply scented TP? Scary thought, huh?

Besides, I thought they were supposed to be staunch. They should be using the single ply waxed stuff the British use.

Suzy said...

Happy Bastille Day!

I, too, have wondered about the Ham in the Random pic. Say Keely?? What's with that?? Hee Hee!

Rose scented tp sounds odd but it least it's the GOOD stuff!

Enjoy your quiet day!

Sandra said...

We do have smaller packs. We have two packs. I always thought that americans come in a huge amount so you don't have to go and buy any more for a month LOL.

You get scented and toilett paper without any scent at all. I guess the market was pretty much out of stock, especially if you went on a friday :)

Toni said...

Not only do ducks quacks not echo but between France and England they make different noises - how weird is THAT?! Seriously; whilst in Paris I was rolling around on the floor when they did a pig, duck and cow impression and they were equally impressed with our noises too! lol

C N Heidelberg said...

We accidentally bought that scented TP when we first got here! I hate that stuff! The whole apartment smelled like it.

Laura said...

I started blogging for the purpose of avoiding housework! I enjoyed your random thoughts.

The Nice One said...

Hmm. Scented toilet paper. That's just too much for me.
Great random thoughts, liked the part of the rescued critters on the Titanic!

Unknown said...

the ham in the logo bothers me also.

but what i keep trying to figure out is what's behind it.

and yeah, you are insane for wanting to go to the gym.

or were you referring to the whole personal trainer thing?

andy:)

Jaime said...

my friday sucked too...but any day you get your head handed to you by a judge is a bad bad day.

hopefully this friday is better for us both!

Bonita said...

Thanks for the tutorial on German toilet paper. I doubt I'd ever have known how the Germans wipe if you hadn't enlightened me.

About that Monopoly money, I think our government is catching up pretty fast in printing money, only what they're printing is worth less than Monopoly money. Maybe we should just switch to Monopoly money and make it easier on everyone.

Now I'm just itching to round up some ducks and see if I can get them to quack just to see if the echo theory is right or not.

Good for you on hiring a personal trainer!

Casey said...

You're not insane for getting a trainer... let them show you around the gym and set you up with a workout routine and then cut them loose.

My dogs would totally show any intruders to the treat jar and then to our valuables. Yours sound much smaller but much more protective!

A said...

Who doesn't like scented TP? I like it but it's very rare here.. :D

You are not alone, my house looks like a tornado came through it too but I blame the kids. :P

I love the ham on the RTT logo, makes me hungry though.. LOL :D

I have never been in a gym to actually work out, I just go in cause of the big mirrors. LOL :D

What was the pig doing on the Titanic? What was he supposed to be dinner or something?

I've been wanting to paint my toenails since last Tuesday.

Happy RTT!! :D

Stacy Uncorked said...

4 ply scented TP? I'm guessing that would be a 'luxury item' here... ;)

The Princess Nagger and Hovering Hubby seem to be roving tornadoes all the time...some days I wish I could just bring in large equipment and shovel it all into one big dumpster. :)

I need to paint my toenails, too...

I LOVE the show My Boys.

Happy RTT a day late! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...