Pages

The journey of a thousand miles begins with...the perfect pair of shoes.

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Random Thoughts Tuesday, Awards, Generals and other nonsense. Now with pictures!

randomtuesday

Random Thoughts Tuesday, now with pictures!


*Germans call "ER" (you know, the TV show) "Emergency Room" I don't know why, but it always cracks me up to hear them say it on TV. "Jetzt (now) Emergency Room." Why not call it "ER?"

*They call "Murder, She Wrote" "Murder is her hobby"

*We get quality TV over here, as you can tell.

*I had my first session with my personal trainer yesterday. I can barely move my fingers to type this post. She's evil. In a cute, peppy, I-only-want-the-best-for-you way. I can't believe I pay her for this.

*In England, the Speaker of the House is not allowed to speak.

*We happen to live right next to the Commanding General of the US Army Europe. He lives in a big compound that we can see from Indy's bedroom window. Indy has been driving me crazy to invite the General to his b-day party. I KNOW! He says the General is our neighbor and we are very rude not to invite him to anything. When we went on the boat ride the other night, guess who was there? That's right, the General. Indy freaked out and said he had to meet the General. I took him up to meet him and the General and his wife could not have been nicer. Indy told them all about the party and that he wanted to invite them (even though I've already explained that the General probably won't be able to come). They were gracious and said we could bring an invite over to them one evening this week. Here is a photo of Indy with General Ham (he has his own Wikipedia page)


We went over last night to deliver said invite, but General and Mrs. Ham weren't home. Indy was bummed, but he asked the guard if they could deliver it for him. The guards said that would not be a problem and called me later to let me know that it had been delivered. M, being a lowly W1 (not really low in the grand scheme of things, but certainly not 'hanging out with the General' rank) has stayed far away from all of this. Silly man.

*Kids laugh approximately 600 times a day. Adults laugh on average only 15 times a day.

*M is death to anything electronic. Seriously. He has killed more laptops than any human who is not electrically charged should. His latest, which he's had for a year and a half died today. Now we have to get him a new one. Should I be concerned that the US Gov't entrusts him with multi-million dollar computer thingies (that's the technical term)? Maybe the gov't should be worried.

*Indy thinks M needs a blog nickname. He's suggested Grumpy (for obvious reasons) and Hound Dog (because he says M likes to sleep all the time like a lazy hound dog). M was not impressed when I told him.

*I was given two awards (TWO!) by the super duper awesome Jenny Mac over at Let's Have A Cocktail. Have you ever been there? If not, you should check it out. She's awesome and oh, so funny and real. And she thinks I'm fab, so she is obviously a woman of taste. :) I'll be giving said awards out either tomorrow or Thursday. You never know, you might get one. (See, this is how I get repeat readers).

*My oldest dog, Pepper, has an ear infection. It smells. Over share?

*One-third of all potatoes sold become French Fries.

*I read somewhere that polar bears are left handed. How do they know that? And technically, they don't even have hands, so how can that be?

*Cerulean Blue <----RANDOM!


*And finally, a funny picture to close out the randomness. You need to click the photo and read the advert on the side of the bus.

"If you don't have GIO Third Party Property Insurance, we suggest you don't hit this bus."

Thanks once again to the Un Mom for sponsoring all the randomness!


21 comments:

Anonymous said...

That picture couldn't be funnier!

I thought the same about hanging out with Generals. But, I tell you what, when you are an LT's wife and on the OSC board...you get to go to lunch at the CG's house! And she even knows your name and remembers you after you leave! How awesome is that!

Emily said...

ok, that was random but hilarious. My nickname vote is Hound Dog....although I guess it does have the potential to get confused with another, similar phrase. ;)

lsnellings said...

definitely random! and funny!

what about topaz? -- oh that just made me think of Edward!

I am also voting for hound dog...it sounds cooler than grumpy!

Eve said...

best random list ever. :)

satakieli said...

General Ham seems like a nice guy. The hubby has worked with him a couple of times for articles I guess, although he agrees in your situation he'd probably be doing the same as M!

Indy is right, it would have been totally rude to not invite him to his party, seen as y'all are neighbours and everything ;-)

Stacy Uncorked said...

General Ham seems really nice - wouldn't that be cool if he and his wife do show up for the party! ;)

I vote for Hound Dog, too...or you could just use the initials HD... which could stand for so many variations... ;)

Happy RTT! :)

Unknown said...

I feel like i just had the best history lesson on another country...what a fab RTT Thanks for all the giggles today I may not be at 600 but your post is sending me to higher laughter numbers

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Hahahaahaha, I love that add! LOVE IT! I also smiled that your son is totally in awe of the general!

the BLAH BLAH BLAHger said...

Giggles!!! Saying hi from SITS!

Mike said...

That man looks like a General! I took some German in high school. It seems that it is a very harsh sounding language, you never really can picture a romantic German dialogue!

Kimberly Wright said...

That pictures is hilarious!!!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Okay, I LOVE that Indy wanted to invite the General to the party!! How sweet is that! I totally hope the General shows up!!!!

Keely said...

Wouldn't it be cool if the General shows up? I love how kids assume that everyone wants to come to their birthday. Because that's how it SHOULD be, after all!

I wonder how many of those 15 times adults laugh in a day are faked??

Unknown said...

The picture couldnt be funnier!! LOL an Can't blame M for staying away fro mthe General's house but that is very cool that he is neighborly!

Sandra said...

Actually it is "Mord ist ihr Hobby".
Sometimes we keep the original title and sometimes we "germanize" it. I rather keep the original ones though, they make more sense.

Mom in High Heels said...

Nelly, I thought I had written it in German but apparently I only wrote the translation. I just find it funny that they call it her "hobby." Seriously, if I ever see Angela Landsbury (aka Jessica Fletcher) I'm running the other way. :)

Dreamgirl said...

Funny pictures!
And I enjoy reading about your adventures in Germany!

Just stopping by from SITS. Hope your day will be fabulous!

P.S. I'm giving away a subscription to House Beautiful. Interested?
www.sweeterliving.blogspot.com

JennyMac said...

You are fab...I am never wrong. LOL..I mean, I am never wrong about fabulousness. And LOVE that photo.

Good luck with the trainer.

Stephanie said...

Your random list is one of the best I have ever read!
Oh, and the picture....ha ha

Lori said...

I think it would be soooo awesome if the General shows up at the party! He would be the bestest guy in the blogger world...and he doesn't even know it!!

Sandra said...

Yeah, I never got it either why they made murder her hobby LOL. She's like a female Sherlock Holmes and not a murderer...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...