Pages

The journey of a thousand miles begins with...the perfect pair of shoes.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

RTT: sicks, food, movies and other randoms

randomtuesday


RTT again? Where did the week go? I can't believe it.

*Indy spent the night with his BFF, G-Money (son of Hoosier Mom and JAG) on Saturday. He was so excited. When we went to pick him up on Sunday, he was playing Wii and doing fine. We went to the commissary (military grocery store) and on the way he said his tummy hurt and he needed to use the bathroom. He went (and was in there so long we got worried) and said he felt better. James Bond said he destroyed the bathroom.  Ooops.  We paid for our groceries and went home. In the car he said "I feel nauseous." I turned around to ask if he was okay and...blah, he was vomiting. In my precious Ulrika! Holy cow. James Bond grabbed a bag from the back floorboard and told him to throw up in that and boy did he. I'm not one of those moms who handles vomit well and being pregnant on top of it was awful. It was all I could do to keep the contents of my own stomach down. We got him home and cleaned up (James Bond cleaned out Ulrika for me, bless his heart) and he laid on the bed in the school room and watched Shrek. He said he felt better and an hour later asked for food. Chicken soup it was. He ate, felt okay and wanted more food. I told him he'd had enough and we sent him to bed early. He fell asleep almost instantly (apparently they stayed up quite late at the sleep over and he was tired) and all was well. Or so I thought. Around 9pm, I heard him calling me and went to his room to find that he had vomited the afore mentioned soup all over his bed. Oh, good golly, the smell! I ran out of the room screaming for James Bond. He cleaned the bed and took all the bedding down to the laundry while I cleaned Indy up once again. For a kid who has thrown up maybe 8 times in his entire life, twice in the space of a few hours was a big deal. Oh, the horror. He's spent the entire day Monday on the sofa drinking juice and water and eating only from the BRAT diet (Banana, Rice, Applesauce, Toast) and managed to keep it all down. He's feeling better today. Thank goodness James Bond was here because I don't know what I would have done without him. I PRAY Han Solo is not a vomiter. Ick.

*Whew, if you read all that, thanks.  I'm very wordy today. Must be the fever.

*Oh, that's right, guess who's sick now?  Yep, me.  AND James Bond.  Of course all you women out there know that no woman, not even a pregnant woman, could possibly ever be as sick as a man.  He's obviously FAR worse than I am. 


*James Bond and I saw True Grit and it was awesome.  We weren't fans of the ending, because we felt it was too abrupt (damn you Coen brothers!), but man it was a good movie! I can't believe it didn't get any nominations for the Golden Globes.

*Last night, I was dreaming about...something.  I don't really know what, but all of a sudden Rooster Cogburn (Jeff Bridges) from True Grit was standing there with a lantern staring at me.  He said "You're sick.  You've got what the boy has.  You need to wake up. [pause, pause]  Did you hear me?  You're sick.  Wake up now."  My eyes flew open, I did a combat roll off the bed and ran to the bathroom where I really was sick.  Isn't that crazy?

*Yesterday Coco ate a lego, the top to a water bottle, a pack of Lifesavers and half a banana peel . OMG.  It's a wonder she doesn't have some sort of food poisoning.  Or at least a really upset stomach.

*I cleaned out the refrigerator and was so grossed out. Some of the stuff in there I didn't even recognize as food.

*I no longer have pregnancy cravings, but I do eat weird stuff. This week: half a can of apple pie filling (it just sounded good), 3 tomatoes and 2 kiwi (for dinner),and hummus (with a spoon, NOT pita chips).

*One of my BFF's from high school (I posted about her wedding in 2008) just had her first child on Jan 15th.   She had a little boy who was born ON his due date!  What are the odds?  I'm over the moon happy for her and her awesome hubby.  They're going to be great parents.  Welcome to the world little man!

*Phineas and Ferb rock my world.  It is so funny.  If you don't watch it, you're missing out.

*I was supposed to do my 1 hour glucose test this morning, but since we're all sick, I  rescheduled.   I'm not looking forward to the test, though Chicquitita (who is 9 weeks further along than I am) said the stuff the Germans use doesn't taste bad.  That nasty orange goo the Americans give you to drink is disgusting.  I generally have low blood sugar anyway and came through with flying colors with Indy, so I'm not that concerned.

*I must see The King's Speech.  I find George VI fascinating in his own right (talk about stepping into a role he was not prepared for and doing a "jolly fine" job at it) and I adore Colin Firth.  I wonder how QEII feels about the movie?

*Oh, BTW, last RTT, I mentioned that we had Despicable Me ready to watch and some said it was enjoyable.  You were right!  It was good.  Yesterday, as part of Indy's sick day, we watched Megamind again and that is a funny, funny movie.  If you haven't seen it, I give it 2 thumbs up.

*So, two nights ago I dreamed about Johnny Depp.  Given our history together (more here) you might not think this anything noteworthy, but he is suspiciously absent from my dreams.  Poor sad me.  Anyhoo, the other night I actually dreamed of him!  Did I dream we were on a tropical island somewhere (not that I'm a beach gal, but if that's where Johnny wants to take me, who am I to complain?)?  Were we drinking wine in a secluded cafe in Paris?  Were we on board a private yacht staring into each others eyes passionately?  No, no we were not.  I was helping him look for his lost dog.  In a muddy field.  Where I had to take off my heels in exchange for Wellies.  Oh, yes, that was a sexy dream.  Of course I didn't get to finish said dream, thanks to my own dogs who woke me up, but if I had, I'm sure I would have found his dog, and he would have declared his undying love for me and THEN we would have been off to a tropical island/cafe/yacht.  Sigh.  I love you Johnny!  Call me.

*And, in case you didn't know:



3 comments:

These Are The Days said...

Ha! You make me laugh as usual. Sorry about the sickies...totally sucks. Also, definitely sorry about Johnny Depp's absence...also a bummer. Big Papa wants me to see True Grit, guess I will. The Fighter was AWESOME! There's so many I want to see right now. I think we'll be seeing several this week to get them all in.

Make sure to enter my GIVEAWAY posted last night. :)

VandyJ said...

I hate being sick and the only thing worse is cleaning up after kids who are sick. Hope everyone feels better soon.

Sarah said...

I'm sorry you guys have been sick.

Your friend is right - the stuff the Germans give for the glucose screening test is not bad at all. It tasted like diluted cranberry juice to me. I'm jealous that you get to take the 1 hr test. The doctor I was seeing does the 2 hour test (with 10 hours of pre-test fasting) by default, which means a LONG time of sitting and 3 blood draws. Blech.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...