Pages

The journey of a thousand miles begins with...the perfect pair of shoes.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Coolest antique photo editing site ever

I normally leave photo editing to the pros, but I found a site I had to share with you guys. HAD. TO. SHARE. It does the neatest antiquing of photos. I love the look of antique photos.  They're so much  more interesting than today's photos.  They feel like they have history and warmth and depth.  Well, this site will do it for you.  For FREES!!!!!   I loves me some frees!  It's a Japanese site called Bakumatsu Koshashin (at least I think that's what it's called-that's what it reads in my tab). If it comes up in Japanese, don't freak out! There's a button for English at the top right.  You basically load up any photo you want.  Take this for example.  This is Indy at the St. Antonin Baths in Tunisia on our cruise last May.  Cute photo, right?  Of course it is, it's of Indy! 


You  hit "generate" and in about a minute, voila!  Instant antique looking photo! 


Isn't that neat?  Didn't I tell you?  Indy says he looks just like Indiana Jones when he was a kid.  True story.  You can then right click and save it to your computer.  Here are a few more I did:

 Paris



 Pompeii



Rome


Really, is that not amazing?  I spent could spend hours putting photos in the generator.  I knew I had to pass this along to you guys.  Have fun and make some cool photos!

I'm linking this up to Amanda's party so even more people can do cool photos!

Weekend Bloggy Reading



13 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

How cool is that. I have to go give it a try. Thanks for the heads up. Hugs, Marty

Southern Fried Gal said...

That is so cool! Now to find the perfect picture to antique!

instant student said...

That thing is awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Captain Dumbass said...

That is AWESOME! I'm totally doing that.

These Are The Days said...

OH my gosh, that is so flippin' cool. Thanks for sharing. Have a fabulous weekend, hope you're feeling good. :)

Sue said...

Wow, that is cool. What a neat idea. Thanks for coming by today, it is very nice to meet you too.

Michelle said...

So cool! Thanks for sharing that site. I popped over from Amanda's Weekend Bloggy Reading party and so glad that it did, following you now!

Satakieli said...

Oooh, that's a really good one! Love the results, sometimes those online ones are less exciting than you expect when you plug in your photos.

I think that maybe I am going to have to go play with that now :)

Paula@SweetPea said...

Thanks for sharing this site. I think I may have fun playing there in a bit.

I'm visiting from Amanda's party.

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

That is really neat!!

Visiting from Serenity Now!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Ohmigosh, MIHH!! Those are so neat! I especially like the one of Indy. Very cool site. Thanks for sharing, and thanks for linking up. :)

Dawn said...

too cool! thanks for sharing!

Diana@DevineDesigns said...

Love this - thanks for sharing the discovery!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...