Pages

The journey of a thousand miles begins with...the perfect pair of shoes.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Are you a royal watcher???

Unless you live under a rock, with your eyes shut, your fingers in your ears and sing "la-la-la" all day, you know there's a royal wedding coming up. You might not know that there are actually 2. In addition to Prince William and Kate, the reigning monarch of Monaco, Prince Albert will be marrying this summer. The heir to the most popular throne and a reigning monarch getting married within a few months of each other? Oh, it's going to be a banner year for royal watchers!
Laura Ingalls Gunn over at Decor to Adore is hosting Royal Wedding Wednesdays where she explores all aspects of the upcoming royal wedding. It has quickly made Wed into one of my favorite days of the week. Yep, I'm a nerd. I loves me some royals. I remember getting up crazy early back in 1981 to watch Charles and Diana get married and thought it was the coolest thing ever. Of course it didn't turn out too well, but that day was amazing and something I will not forget. I'm super excited to get to watch William and Kate get married but I'm crazy happy that I'm in a much better timezone for said wedding (I'm an hour ahead of London, so no early morning for me). I'm also hoping that there will be slightly more coverage of Prince Albert's wedding once Wills and Kate (that's right, I call them that) have tied the knot. We went to Monaco (which they pronounce Mon-AH-co) this past year and it was stunningly beautiful. The royal palace was gorgeous and the views! Oh, the views! I could totally see myself living there. You know, if I was ridiculously wealthy.
If you're a royal watcher be sure to check out RWW and enjoy!


6 comments:

These Are The Days said...

OH yeah, I'm a royal watcher. I told Big Papa I'd be making a trip this spring for a life changing -special event...I don't think he bought it. :/

Decor To Adore said...

Oh you are a dear! Anyone and everyone is welcome to grab the R.W.W. button and join in the carriage caravan.

For a series that I thought perhaps only two people might read it has been a rather nice suprise to learn there are other royally crazed watchers out there. :)

That said, in last weeks post as you know I referenced Princess Grace's wedding (One of the best in my opinion.) and will continue to do so in the future.
So, yes, once we dissect every bit of Wills and Kates day we will then turn our attention to Albert's (it's about time) big day. :)

Tamara Jansen said...

I am so very much a ROYAL fanatic! Thanks for the link tip :)

Can-C said...

I am also waiting for the day, as the mother of the prince Williams is the most favorite personality of mine, so I really need to see her family happy. May God give them happiness.

family of 4 on the move! said...

I am crazy excited for this wedding! I have even been scoping out trips and tours for the royal wedding and seriously considering taking one. How fabulous would it be to actually be there in the country when the wedding happens?!?! I feel faint just thinking about it. Now I just have to convince Mr. M that I NEED to be there!! :)

Anonymous said...

Since you love Royal Weddings you'll want to know about this one too: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1344184/Zara-Phillips-Mike-Tindall-turn-magazine-deal-wedding.html
Zara Phillips is the daughter of Princess Anne and Captain Mark Phillips. Or to make it easier the grand-daughter of Queen Elizabeth II.
Enjoy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...