Pages

The journey of a thousand miles begins with...the perfect pair of shoes.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

RTT: Ummmm.....

randomtuesday

I can't make a coherent thought lately. That sucks. I've got some randoms though.

*Is it wrong that I considered eating an entire jar of olives yesterday?

*We dropped Gigi and Papa off at the airport today (they've been here since Dec 7) and Indy cried his little heart out after we left them at security. I asked him if he was going to be okay and he said "Well, I might be, if you buy me a sandwich or pizza. And maybe a soda." It's always about his stomach.

*Thanks to Han Solo, I'm officially a doper. I had to get a steroid shot in my hip today and need another on Thursday. They're doing it to help mature his lungs in case he gets crazy and decides he can't wait any more to join the world. I had to get them with Indy too. Who says having children isn't bad for you? They've made me a doper!

*I don't understand why Robbie Williams isn't popular in the US. I loves me some Robbie Williams. In addition to being a smoking hot bad boy (with a bonus, he's got an English accent), he's got a nice voice. True, some of this songs are weird (boy's got some strange lyrics), but mostly they're good. This is my favorite:



Really, why isn't he more popular in the US?

*Indy heard the music on my computer and yelled out "Dad, mom's got a secret internet boyfriend!"   Nice.

*We were discussing with Sgt Major and Cheesehead the other night how indoctrinated into the military life our children are.  It's funny to hear them talk.  Grocery stores are "the commissary."   They don't understand why regular movie theaters don't play the national anthem before the movie starts.  One day the Contessa and I were talking about Indy's BFF, General Ham, moving down to Stuttgart to take command of Africom (Africa Command) and Indy piped up with "Africom?  They don't even live in Africa!  How can they call themselves Africom?"   He also knows all about SHAPE (Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe), NATO and can name several Medal of Honor winners.   He says he's never joining the military though because it can cause "mild traumatic brain injury."  Maybe I should limit his exposure to AFN?

I'm sure there's more, but we've got Despicable Me loaded up, and a big bowl of popcorn (would it be weird to eat olives too?), so I'd better go.  Click the button up there to see more randoms.


 I'll leave you with this (because it made me laugh):





9 comments:

Jess said...

Why isn't Robbie Williams more popular? I love the music video where he rips his skin and muscles off.
Enjoy Despicable Me!
Jess

French Basketeer.com said...

I can't see the RW link, but you have me rolling through most of the post anyway...wait now I'm off to send James Bond a glass of bubbly for his bday!!

Satakieli said...

Despicable Me is Mikey's favourite at the moment! I like it, totally cute.

I thought Robbie Williams WAS popular in the U.S. until I actually went to the U.S. and no one knew what the hell I was talking about. ha. I like him.

Mama Badger said...

I loved Despicable Me. Hope you did, too. Though I always thought Sallie Mae was the "Bank of Evil".

Good luck with the shot thing. Sounds distinctly un-fun.

family of 4 on the move! said...

Ohhh I love him!! The first song I ever heard from him was Something Stupid with Nicole Kidman. Fantastic song!!!!
Oh and btw olives go with everything!! :)

Unknown said...

You may have noticed in the past (not sure you have been reading tht far back)I am a BIG Robbie fan and give him the occasional stateside plug. I also do not get it, he has great music, a cute face, an American wife & home and is very funny...one of the mysteries of life I guess!

Love that sign, talk about an understatement!

Decor To Adore said...

Oh I hope that Hans Solo hangs tough. I had to have steroid injections with sweet boy too. :(

I think it is perfectly ok for you to eat an entire jar of olives. :)

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

I always love to visit you because I know you will make me laugh! I say go for the whole jar of olives,
Hugs,
Sherry

Melissa Miller said...

I adore him! I have this old CD. Thanks for reminding me about him.
He's hot too! *Smiles*

I love olives too. Yum! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...