Pages

The journey of a thousand miles begins with...the perfect pair of shoes.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Blizzard Bloghopping on a Thursday



Well, hello, and welcome to all the bloghoppers! For those of you who don't know, Ann Marie of  Household Diva 6 is a brilliant blogger who thought it would be nice for those of us uncool enough to go not going to Blissdom should have our own little meet and greet.  Isn't she darling?  Yes, yes she is.

Anyhoo, the bloghop is to introduce yourself to other bloggers and get to meet them in return.

So, let me introduce myself.  Hello, I'm known in blogland as Mom in High Heels (which can lead to some pervy people showing up on my blog-I can see what you're searching for!) and I'm a military spouse to James Bond.  We are currently living in Germany (for the 3rd time) and have been married for almost 16 years.  Good heavens that makes me feel old.  Though to tell the truth I was positively an infant when we married.  If I keep telling myself that I might begin to believe it.  I'm also a home schooling mom (you can find a link to the hs blog over there somewhere >>>>) to the super awesome Indy (age 8).  He loves all things history and plans to be an archaeologist/paleontologist/Egyptologist/Indiana Jones when he grows up.  Every day is an adventure with that boy.  He gives me loads of blog fodder and I thank him for it.  We are also expecting Han Solo to join our family in April, though if he's anything like Indy, he'll be along in March.  Han Solo was a BIG surprise, let me tell you.  Being pregnant was NOT in the plans.  Especially at thirty.....seven.  Ah well, just more fodder for the blog, I suppose.
I have a BFA in Theatre Design (cause that's dead useful) and English (almost as useful as the theatre portion of my degree).  I enjoy reading, traveling, decorating (though not so much cleaning), crafting, flea marketing, Edward Cullen and Johnny Depp (call me!) and of course beautiful heels.  Oh, sweet high heels.  How I love thee!  Yes, I'm sure you will eventually send me screaming to a chiropractor with knee, back and ankle pain, but I don't care.  I love you anyway because you make my legs look longer and thinner and isn't that what all women really want?  Yes, yes it is.
I started blogging back in 2008 (it seem sooo long ago!) and find it's often the best way to keep my sanity (I live with BOYS and they can be yucky-I need a girly outlet).  If you're new here, feel free to look in the archives.  I'm sure you'll find something to make you laugh (or shake your head at the insanity of it all).  If you're not new, thanks for coming back.  I {heart} you.  Leave me a comment and let me know you've been here.  I like comments and promise to reciprocate. 




20 comments:

Cluttered Brain said...

Theatre design?
Cool.
Nice to meet ya.
Do you do videos as well?
I like high heels too but they hate me. Ever since I had kids, I can't find a comfortable pair. *sigh*

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

I started blogging in 2008 as well. Congratulations on the newest addition to your family!

Sandra said...

Gawsh, I haven't been on your blog in ages. Lot's to catch up. How is life in Heidelberg?

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Hey, MIHH! I'm not part of the blog hop, but my sis is...thought I'd introduce you guys. (She doesn't know I'm doing this) ;) Her blog is One Lucky Monkey http://1luckymonkey.blogspot.com/

Dawn said...

Hi! Stopping by from the blog hop - and now following you. Would appreciate you following me back. I enjoyed your post...made me LOL a couple times! Blessings!

Stef said...

GREAT title!! I am a homeschooling mom too! Looking forward to reading your posts!!

Stef

Annie said...

Congrats on Han Solo!! Surprise babies are the best I tell ya - my Lucy was a HUGE surprise, and she has my whole heart.

Jenilee said...

we are all girlie over at my house and I still need a bloggy outlet! :) lol enjoyed visiting your blog!

Michelle said...

I love getting to know you better! I am now living in a household of men (dear daughter is away at college) and it is an adjustment!

Paula Schuck said...

Ha. Nice to meet you. I love the comment about boys can be yucky! Ha! I am pooping by from the bloghop today. Cheers, Paula
@inkscrblr
http://www.thriftymommastips.blogspot.com/

Armymomma said...

So great to meet you! I am also an Army wife and a mom to 2 boys! Never a dull moment!

Decor To Adore said...

Now this was fun to learn more about you!

I know your flea market trip is coming up soon.

In my research I found that Her Majesty has the largest collection of tiara's in the world. (Let me clarify~ tiara's made from real gems.) Sigh. I would like into that vault.

Sapperette said...

Hi! It's great to come across you on the blog hop!

I am so envious of your current station in Germany (for the 3rd time!). Geez! We would love to end up there one of these days!

I look forward to reading more about you and your adventures :)

http://miritellofamily.blogspot.com

Jen @ Domesticated Nomad said...

My Art History degree is about as useful as your theater design! And alas, I'm surrounded by boys as well. Well, they are fun and all, but not the same as girly fun.

Why Han Solo? Just curious. Your Indy makes sense, but I'm curious why you already know this new one is Han. My oldest was Han Solo for Halloween. He was in it for the blaster. I'm always a willing Star Wars participant for Harrison Ford. Oh, wait. Harrison...that's why it's Han. Right?

Karen said...

I've hopped my way here! Congrats on your pregnancy...couldn't help but get a giggle at the 'more fodder for the blog'! :> Nice to meet you! :>

Cintia Listenbee said...

Visiting from the Blizzard Blog Hop! Hope you can see me at http://www.simplycintia.com Have a great weekend!

Mad Housewife said...

Dropped in cause of the bloghop, will stay cause you love Edward Cullen and Johnny Depp. Oh, and you're funny!

Going to click that little "follow" button....

Momma on the Run said...

I've loved looking through your blog! Can't wait to get to know you better:-)

Unknown said...

Hey!
I'm doing the blizzard bloghop too : ) Thanks for stopping by and telling me about the shower you're throwing. It sounds SO cute! Bird and bees is an adorable theme for a baby shower. Which blog will you be posting pictures on? I would definitely love to see them. We have little birdie nests, moss, twigs, branches, craft supplies all over the place right now too, haha.

Hope you have a great weekend, friend : )
Love,
Laura

Martha said...

Hi! Found you at the Blizzard Blog Hop. I am also a homeschooling mom. I'm going to check out your homeschooling blog as well.

I blog at http://marthaschool.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...