Pages

The journey of a thousand miles begins with...the perfect pair of shoes.

Monday, January 3, 2011

Baby Belly and Second Child Syndrome and Baby gets a name

I'm so glad the holidays are over! I haven't taken down my tree yet (it comes down on Jan 6-the 12th day of Christmas), but at least the insanity is through. For now. I've gotten several requests to see my baby belly, so I'm going to post a few photos.

This is me at 12w.  Pounds gained -3


This is me at 20w.  Pounds gained: 1


We took photos this morning (I'm 24w-6 months today!  Can you believe it?), but they didn't turn out very well and I by the time I realized it, I had eaten breakfast, which pushes my stomach out.  We'll have to do them over in the morning before I eat.  I feel HUGE, but I've only gained 4 pounds.  I think it's all in my stomach.  Ugh.  I'll post those tomorrow or the next day.  BTW, don't you did my fancy jammy pants?  James Bond calls them my clown pants.  Because what he sleeps in is sooo hot.  Whatever.  I'm pregnant.  Shut up.

Last night James Bond and I were lying in bed talking and I told him I think I'm having second child syndrome (I came up with that myself-or maybe not, who cares?).  By the time I was 6 months pregnant with Indy, we had tons of clothing and blankets and bottles and all that jazz, a stroller, car seat, pack-n-play, and were working on his nursery (I'll have to scan photos of that one day, he had a gorgeous nursery).  For this baby, we have 1 blanket and a pair of booties (which my mom sent) and...that's it.  Seriously.  Nothing.  He's not even getting his own room.  Our 3rd bedroom is being used as the school room/guest room and I didn't feel like shuffling all that stuff around and repainting.  Besides, we're supposed to PCS (military speak for move) when he's about 6 months old and he'd spend those months sleeping in a crib in our room anyway.  I'm starting to feel antsy because we don't have anything for him.  True, he's not due for another 4 months, but as Indy opted to join the world early, my OB says this one likely will to, and probably sooner than Indy did.  Maybe I'm just in my nesting phase.  Who knows?  I know we're not going to need it for hopefully at least 2.5-3 months, but I feel weird not having anything.  KWIM?

And in other baby news (I promise all my posts will NOT be baby related), we have finally come up with a blog name for him.  We've had a real name for him for months.  I won't tell you what it is, but he'll be named for one of the Beatles (James Bond's favorite band ever) and his middle name will be my great grandfather's name, which was HIS grandmother's last name.  Back on track...we've been thinking about a blog name for ages, but couldn't find anything that fit.  Indy suggested Mutt (from the 4th Indiana Jones movie), but I veto'd that.  We talked and talked and finally Indy came up with something that I thought I could live with (for now at least, until we find something that fits his personality).  From today, baby will officially be known (on the blog) as Han Solo, Indy's favorite character from the original (and BEST) 3 Star Wars movies.  I think he likes Han Solo because Harrison Ford plays him.  Not to mention that he's a bad ass space pirate.  :)  So, now I have a James Bond, Indy and Han Solo.  My life is one big, crazy adventure.


8 comments:

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

That's you at 20 weeks?! I hate you!!! ;) I was POPPED out by like 16 weeks with the second. It was ridiculous.

Don't feel bad about not having all the baby stuff yet. I think it's normal, esp. if the baby was a surprise. I had to have a friend come and help me move stuff in Michaela Byrd's room around the day before my c-section b/c I had been in so much denial I hadn't done anything. :s

You'll do fine, and you look great!!

These Are The Days said...

Of course Hans Solo! My boys are all about Star Wars. Keep up the belly pics, love to see updates. I need to get my trees down still too, but I love the beautiful glow at night. Maybe by the end of the week.

Tina said...

Heh. Now you know why they always tell those stories about women weeding their garden, taking a short break to give birth and then going back to weeding. ;-) But he will be just as special in his own way once he is born. I think we could have 12 and each would be "mom's favorite"!

Sarah said...

Goodness gracious, 4 pounds? I was up 16 at my 24 week appointment. I'm scared for my next appointment, but I swear I'm not eating terribly!

Kimberly Wright said...

Girl, you are hardly showing!
Han Solo eh? That is cute. I would have totally nixed Mutt too.

Satakieli said...

Hans Solo is PERFECT.

I'm not sure it's second child syndrome you're having... I was like that with Mikey. Perhaps it's "Really? I'm pregnant?" syndrome?

Seriously, the only baby things we had for him before he was born I bought on THE DAY he was born. Apparently yardsales send me into premature labor, must have been the excitement, I'll have to remember that next time.

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish said...

Wow!!! I can't believe you are only showing that much! Most of the time the 2nd pops right out! I love Han Solo! Very cute!! :)

E. Charlotte said...

I like your baby blog name! Congrats on future baby too! I just found your blog through another one and loved your blog name! (I adore high heels too...) I had to check you out! Your blog is sweet and I'll definitely return. Take care!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...