Pages

The journey of a thousand miles begins with...the perfect pair of shoes.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Not happy...contracting

I know I promised not all my posts would be about Han Solo, but this is a big deal. I've been contracting much of the afternoon and into the evening. At first I thought they were Braxton-Hicks, but they've gotten progressively stronger, leading me to believe they might be real. They're anywhere from 20-30 minutes a part and this does not make me happy. I first went into labor with Indy around 25w (I'm currently 24w 3d), so we've been through this before (apparently my uterus is not all that comfortable). My OB said that since Indy was a preemie Han Solo likely will be as well, and probably even earlier, but let's hope he's not THIS early. Please keep your fingers crossed (I'll keep my legs crossed) that we don't have to go to the hospital any time soon. If they become more frequent and/or regular and stronger, I'm afraid that's where we'll be headed. Darn it.



10 comments:

These Are The Days said...

Oh dear. I'm so sorry, be careful...in other words don't wait too long to go in. I'll pray for you big time and keep us posted.

Monica said...

I'll be praying for you and your family. Isn't there some drug they can give you to stop you from having contractions?

Decor To Adore said...

Oh my sweet boy tried to come early several times before finally making an entrance at 36 weeks.

My prayers are with you.

I have to say I am absolutely thrilled that you will be joining me on the carriage ride destined for Royal Wedding Wednesdays. When I hit the "publish" button I had a momentary feeling of panic that my post would be met with only the sound crickets chirping. It has been quite the opposite, so much so that I feel we have a kindred spirit/sisterhood sorority.

Here's to fairytales!

Allison said...

Oh no! Fingers crossed that Hans Solo takes their sweet time.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

I hope he decides to stay in!!!

family of 4 on the move! said...

Oh no!!! Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help and I will keep wishing for you to keep that little guy inside for as long as possible.

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness. Definitely keep me updated. I'll be checking FB. If you need anything, please let us know.

Samantha said...

Praying for you guys! My little one was born at 29w1d and it was a roller coaster ride. I hope that Han Solo decided to keep his current residence for a few more weeks!

Michele Feltman Strider said...

Will be worrying about you both!

Katie @ makingthishome.com said...

sending good vibes your way!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...