Pages

The journey of a thousand miles begins with...the perfect pair of shoes.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Random Thoughts Tuesday: The one I almost missed

randomtuesday

Holy @#$% I almost missed RTT! What? How could this happen? Flying. That's how.

*I flew to Chicago today. Hurrah!

*My first flight was almost 2 hours late and I ended up with a 9 minute layover. I (along with 6 other people bound for Chicago from my first flight) ran through the terminal from Gate B4 to Gate B33. We got there just prior to the door closing. Whew!

*Why can't they open the door of an aircraft after it's closed? I mean it doesn't hermetically seal once it's closed. Why not open it back up and let a late passenger on? That's just silly.

*Most of the people on my first flight missed their connection. I feel bad for them, but was glad I was not among their ranks.

*I feel ridiculously sad when I lose a follower. Isn't that odd? It wonder, did I do something wrong? Do they not like me anymore? Validate me! Validate me!

*Man, I'm sad.

*Indy lost a tooth this morning. The tooth fairy has to visit courtesy of Gigi tonight. Haha!

*It's hot in Chicago too! What the?????

*There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar. I don't know what they are though. I just know the number.

*Every time you lick a stamp you gain 1/10 of a calorie. I KNEW that's why I was gaining weight! KNEW IT!

*Cobbling together an Indiana Jones birthday party is hard. Why couldn't he have wanted an IJ party LAST year when it was everywhere? I'm driving myself batty (or rather snakey) trying to pull this off. His b-day is a month away and I still have so much to do.

*I love birthday parties.

*Actually, I love parties.

*And Edward Cullen (but you knew that, right?).

*I saw a photo of Jon and Kate's wedding today and I felt really sad for them. Damn it photo! I don't want to feel sad for them, but looking at them in that photo, I felt bad for the people in the photo who didn't know what was in their future.

*I still think Kate is a crazy beyotch and Jon a slacker though.

*Also, those houses in the show last night (Oh, hush up, you know you watched it too) were freaking adorable. And I want one. For me.

*Why is it considered cool for me to have a "man cave" but no one ever thinks to make a private room for women? I want my very own private room!

*The woman on 18 Kids and Counting has a terribly annoying voice. And really, how has her uterus not fallen out?

*Crap, now I'm thinking about her uterus. Ugh. Wait, let me think about Edward instead. Mmmmmmmm........Edward.

*In my head, I totally said that in Homer Simpson's voice.

*Oh! They gave me a pack of peanuts on the plane today. I know, right? And the package had a warning! Want to know what it was? Warning: May contain nuts. Who'd have guessed?

Okay, I'm tired and need some rest. Flying wipes me out. I don't know how people fly for business and go straight into a meeting. I would just lay my head on the conference table and sleep.

Head over to UnMom to check out all the awesome randomness.

7 comments:

Keely said...

I feel sad when I lose a follower too. Not sad enough to figure out who it WAS, but sad.

I've never understood the airplane door thing either. Especially when they sit on the tarmac for 1/2 hour afterwards. There must be a logical reason.

Hm...I'm going to go google that now.

Clare said...

I feel sad too! Hey, I lost about 60 followers when I stupidely deleted my whole blog last month. What an idiot. When I went to retrieve it I could not regain my URL so I have 60 people not knowing where I went to or what my new blog is. So, i am no longer ThisandThat. I am
www.thelilacgrove.blogspot.com. Come follow me.

now... to your post.This was the awesomeist post ever. I know awesomeist isn't a word but I like it. I like the random tuesday thoughs idea. Let me know if I can steal. Ok, I am blogging in your comment section now.

So what was up with Gillian ditching jake the pilot last night?

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I did watch Jon and Kate....it was pretty sad

Bonita said...

Your randomness always cracks me up! What a riot! Personally, I think they ought to make a reality show about you.

I can see that we watched the same line up last night. The Jon and Kate thing makes me sad and I keep hoping for a miraculous make-up. My husband thinks it's all a TV ploy to get more viewers and that in the end everything will all work out happily. Can't say I agree, but I can hope.

Michelle Duggar's uterus doesn't fall out, silly, because she rollerskates once a year! I'm a former labor and deliver nurse, I know these things.

Enjoy a random time in Chicago.

Kimberly Wright said...

I lost a follower and I don't have that many to lose. :::sniff::: follow me follow me I say...

I am amazed that Michelle Duggar's uterus has not fallen out too. I hope after this last one she takes a break from pregnancy and lets her body heal. this was her fourth csection I believe and it was for a transverse breech I believe.

Kerrie said...

I just found your blog. Many thanks for a great RTT.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Good thought. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...