Pages

The journey of a thousand miles begins with...the perfect pair of shoes.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Fun with Ears

Sooooo…tired.  Can barely type.  But, I’m dedicated to you people, so I’ll push on.  I’ve just spent the last 5 days in Orlando at Disney with my mom, step-dad, Indy and my cousin’s daughter, the Laugher.  Heaven help me.  Indy and Laugher are two peas in a pod.   Yak, yak, yak.  Dance, dance, dance.  Giggle, giggle, giggle.  Quiet was only found when they finally dropped from sheer exhaustion and slept for a few hours.  Indy’s a sleep talker though, so occasionally I’d hear a crazy outburst from him in the middle of the night. 

We (and by we, I mean my mom) sprung for bit more this go round and got the new pirate themed rooms at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort.  Awesomeness is all I can say.  Big kudos to the money factory that is Disney!  These rooms were fun.  What grown up doesn’t secretly want to sleep in a bed shaped like a pirate ship?  None!  Who doesn’t want the carpeting in their room to look like the planks of a ship deck?  No one!  Dressers shaped like a stack of cargo boxes?  Yes, please! Mini-fridge tucked inside a barrel?  Fun!  You couldn’t not like this room.

DSC_0300  DSC_0301

See?  Isn’t that cool?  The bathroom was behind the curtain and carried the theme.  There was a Flying Dutchman (Davey Jones’ ship) carved into the marble of the shower wall.  Indy thought that was neat.  Oh, want to see Indy’s reaction to it?

DSC_0345

As you can see, he really liked it.  Here are a few photos of our very tiring, very hot, very noisy trip.

 

DSC_0562 DSC_0610

DSC_0625 DSC_0525

DSC_0425 DSC_0407 DSC_0636

DSC_0642 DSC_0658 DSC_0662

The dinner with Cinderella and Prince Charming was one of our favorite things.  We did a total of 5 character meals, but this one was spectacular.  I have to say though, the step-mother and step-sisters were my favorites though.  They were hilarious.

DSC_0643 DSC_0646 DSC_0650

I think these ladies have the best job in WDW because they get to be grumpy and loud.  We had a late dinner and at 9:30 they were getting ready to leave.  One of the servers came by our table to make sure we had seen them all before they left.  Lady Tremaine (step-mother) was right behind him and quipped that they had seen her and she was the only one that mattered anyway.  When I grow up I want to be Lady Tremaine (without the bad ending).

I have a total of about 600 pictures from the trip, but these are some of my faves.  I hope you enjoyed them.  And now I’m off for some rest from my vacation.  :)

2 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Cute room! Great pictures!!!

I had a friend that was Mickey for a season and he said he would sweat about 20 pounds off everyday lol.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Pirate bed??! Totally!!! (Don't know about the skull and cross bones on the drapes though) Disney is so creative with their decor. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...