Pages

The journey of a thousand miles begins with...the perfect pair of shoes.

Monday, June 1, 2009

Blogging from the New World

Hello! We have sucessfully completed the longest leg of our journey (9 and a half hours from Frankfurt to Charlotte) and are now relaxing in the USO sipping on a Jamba Juice. God Bless America! Yes, we're loopy. Yes, we're tired. Yes, we still have another 3 hours before our next flight (which is 2 hours), but we've made it past the big one and came through it relatively unscathed. The hardest part was immigration when we got to the US. Good heavens! It took more than an hour (AN HOUR, I tell you) to get through immigration. Ridiculous. I'm a citizen! Where's my fast pass? Immigration could take a lesson from Disney and make a special Fast Pass lane. How awesome would that be? If you have a passport with a smart chip (which we do), you scan it and poof, you're done. No waiting in lines of cranky people who have foreign country and airplane funk all over them (if you've traveled internationally, you know what I'm talking about). Just swipe and go. Man, I need to patent that. Don't go stealing my ideas US gov't! I want my props on this idea. And by props I mean money. Lots of it.
Well, not I have to go do something about my insane hair. One good thing about having to go through customs and then recheck your luggage is that you can get into it and pull out your flat iron. Cause my hair is scary. Scary.
OMG, I think I just had a bolt of jet lag shoot through my body. I seriously swayed at the keyboard. This cannot be good.


2 comments:

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

When you make all the bog bucks don't forget all the little people. ;)

Allison said...

congrats on making it to the US! I like your fast pass idea...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...