Pages

The journey of a thousand miles begins with...the perfect pair of shoes.

Monday, June 15, 2009

I'm just a bill

I can't believe I forgot to post this in my previous entry! After we went to Arlington, we took the metro back to the Mall area, and got off at the capitol stop. We hauled ourselves in the incredible heat (good grief, it was hot) to the steps of the Capitol, where we sat and sang the School House Rock Song "I'm just a Bill" over and over. Do you remember that song?

I'm just a bill
Yes, I'm only a bill
And if they vote for me on Capitol Hill
Well, then I'm off to the White House
Where I'll wait in a line
With a lot of other bills
For the president to sign
And if he signs me, then I'll be a law.
How I hope and pray that he will,
But today I am still just a bill.

For some reason I can't get the photos to upload, but I'm sure you can picture it in your head. Scared tourists, curious looks from the guards, and us sitting on the steps singing. Good times.



1 comments:

Melissa Miller said...

How fun! I wish I was at Disney right now. Love that place! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...