Pages

The journey of a thousand miles begins with...the perfect pair of shoes.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Random Thoughts Tuesday! Whooo Hooo!

randomtuesday

Hello my peeps! You know how I dig RTT! Sit back, grab a cup of {insert beverage of choice here}, and prepare yourself for a journey into my mind. Be afraid. Very afraid.

* Why do people say “umble” when there is clearly and ‘h’ at the beginning? It’s HUMBLE. Hum-ble. Don’t drop the ‘h’ please. “Umble” is not a word.

* My flowers on my table are dying. I need to get new ones. I don’t want to go out though. I’ll just have to have a naked table.

* Tired. So tired.

* Matt Lauer’s wife is one lucky chic. He’s hot. Don’t judge me.

* Nate Burkus is hot too. Too bad he’s gay. Why are the majority of the super hot guys (Matt being an exception) gay? That’s not fair.

*The clips holding up my curtains are loose. I need to change them, but….another time.

* I’m beginning to find the smell of spray paint intoxicating. And not in the actual intoxicating way, but the “man, I love how that smells” way. Weird.

* Swine flu. Huh, is that really the best name they could come up with? As a facebook (and real life) friend said yesterday, it sounds like something a Loony Toons character would get. I’m wondering if it really as bad as they say on the news or if the news makes it sound worse than it actually is because it’s more interesting than the economy.

* I’m leading Indy’s Cub Scout meeting tonight because his troop leader is away at AC09 (some military thing) and they begged for volunteers. To get his Tiger Cub badge and move on to the next level of scouting (Wolf Cub, IIRC) he has to make a scrapbook. All the boys need to do this for their badge (though it’s the last thing Indy needs to do), so I told the leader that I would do it with them for a meeting. I’m so not looking forward to this. Scouting is not my thing. Indy had better appreciate all the annoying stuff I do for him.

* I wish I had a fireplace.

* I need light bulbs.

* I read somewhere that you can’t touch all your teeth with your tongue. That’s not true though is it? I’m pretty sure I can do it. Are you trying it right now too? Let me know what your results are.

* I love the show Psyche. It’s so funny. The Mentalist has a similar set up, but is so boring. And I really like Simon Whatshisname. Shawn and Gus are fun. I like my mysteries to be solved with a bit of yelling, fear, jokes and jumping up and down. Probably why I loves Scooby Doo as a kid.

* I say “I” a lot.

* Where’s my bailout payment? I want one. You know, just 1 or 2 billion. No big deal right? The gov’t is just handing it out to people who don’t know what to do with it. I’d know what to do with it!

* Gardening is hard work. I gardened all day yesterday (yes, with my allergies!) and today I feel like I ran a marathon.

* Wolverine. Totally can’t wait to see that movie. Hugh Jackman. Yummy! Not gay but married. He’s on my “5” list. ;)

* Do you have a 5 list? Remember the episode of Friends where they talked about it? You pick 5 celebs that if you ever have the chance to “be with” you have a free pass. Here are my 5:

1. Johnny Depp (duh)

2. Goran Visnjic (Luka from ER)

3. Hugh Jackman

4. Michael Shanks (but only in the persona of Daniel Jackson from Stargate SG-1 because IRL he’s kind of a jerk)

5. Hugh Grant

I’m only one country away from JD, so it’s looking good for my number 1! ;)

And I’ll leave RTT at that. I have more thoughts, but I’m afraid this line of thinking is going to get me in trouble. Thanks Un Mom!

EDIT: As was pointed out, Robert Pattinson did not make my list. Yes, he's super, duper hot, but he's kind of young for me to be in the 5, KWIM? He is one of my 2 alternates (which I did not post). My other alternate is Liam Neeson. Edward Cullen did not make the list because he's not real (WHAT? He's not? No, sadly, he's not). If he were real though, he just might edge Johnny out of the top spot.

18 comments:

Allison said...

I can most definitely touch all my teeth with my tongue. Just did it.

My list of 5...
1. John Krasinksi (The Office)
2. oh shoot...the guy that played Denny on Grey's Anatomy. I forgot his name.
3. Matthew McConaughey
4. Johnny Depp (only for his looks...not so much his weirdo personality or lifestyle)
5. Matt Damon (but only in the Bourne and Ocean's movies.)

Natalie said...

How did Robert Pattinson not make your list? Sure, he's not REALLY Edward Cullen. But close enough, right?

Oh and I can touch all my teeth with my tongue too.

Jen said...

Ok, this post was right up my alley.

Here is my "list":

1. Ryan Gosling
2. James McAvoy
3. Leonardo DiCaprio
4. Joshua Jackson
5. Robert Pattinson/Edward Cullen (b/c yes, he is real)

Alternates: Josh Duhamel, John Mayer

Bonita said...

I just touched all my teeth with my tongue- every last one of them.

tiarastantrums said...

oh I will so have to think on this 5 list! I can't wait to see wolverine too!

Scribbler said...

Didn't you tell me once you were from the Deep South? I think this tendency to "opine" is a Southern trait!

Scribbler

My Trendy Tykes said...

I say HUM-BLE. If I ever heard someone say UMBLE it would definately annoy me.

Matt Lauer? Say it aint so.

Suzy said...

My List? Let's see~~~

#1. Josh Duhamel. Yum.

Hmmmm, it appears I can get no further than Josh Duhamel. All else is a blur............

I am Harriet said...

YEAH! A Cub fan!!!!!!!!!

Lauer is hot...even with age.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Ooh, Goran from ER--he IS super-cute! I'm going to disagree with you on the list guys having to be real. My list was based more on the actors' characters in the movies/on TV....except maybe Matthew Fox...he's HOT. We get alternates??! No one told me that. ;) My alternate would totally be Robert Pattinson. ;) Or maybe a tie between Orlando Bloon or Ben Affleck.

Jaime said...

"umble"? who actually says that???

Keely said...

"umble"? wtf? My dad pronounces "schedule" without the 'c' ("shedjool") and it drives. me. crazy.

Yep, touched all my teeth. But, not all PARTS of all my teeth. Can't make it around the sides of my wisdoms.

Steely Dad said...

Sweet post! Ok, here goes:

I think the jury is still out on Lauer.

My five list:
1. Monica Bellucci
2. Tera Patrick (adult film star)
3. Jenna Lee (Fox News)
4. Maria Menounos (ET)
5. Johnny Depp (duh!)

Alright, that last one was a joke but he is hot.

I'm touching all my teeth with my tongue...all at the same time!

Sarah said...

I will be glad for AC '09 to be over.

My random thought of the day? (since it's no long Tuesday):
Why in the world did DPW schedule spring clean up day on post during AC '09. No one is here to help, and it's 11 AM and my lungs have had enough dust already (hence, I'm taking a break).

GreenJello said...

My hubby drops the "h" in front of words because he has a hearing loss, and can't actually hear the "h" being pronounced. It really sounds like "umble" or "uge" to him.

Mom in High Heels said...

Well, apparently I ticked off anonymous, though I don't know why. I don't leave anonymous comments on blogs FYI. Why would I? If I've got something to say I say it. As me.

Nikki said...

I can TOTALLY touch all my teeth..hmph. Maybe those who have their wisdom teeth can't?

As for my Top 5:

1). Jason Statham (Ze Germans)
2). Jason Witten
3). Sean Patrick Flanery
4). Spike
5). And last but not least..the Silver Fox. Heeelllooo Anderson Cooper!

pan x 8 said...

I'm loving this totally random stuff...

My Dad says umble like that but english is his second language..

Picked up your blog because of you title, in the last 2 months have picked up 4 pairs of high heels..

never thought of the 5 list.. probably won't!

Totally physically tired but mentally awake for blogging!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...