Pages

The journey of a thousand miles begins with...the perfect pair of shoes.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Somebody kill me!

Death would be preferable to the misery I’m living in.  Seriously.  Spring is here with a vengeance and my allergies are on the warpath.  I can’t sleep, I can’t breathe, I can’t see, I can’t function.  Yeah, I’m fun to live with.  Of course M is gone right now.  Of course.   Really, if you saw me, you’d think I’d  gone several rounds with Oscar de la Hoya. My eyes are swollen to mere slits, my nose is red and my skin is sallow.  Maybe it’s a good thing M is gone. 

I ventured out today and am paying the price.  My friends decided to go have some breakfast at IKEA (squeeeeee!!!!!!!!!) and you know I couldn’t pass that up.  Indy was excited because it meant he would get to go to Smaland.  When we showed up, my friend commented that I wore a top that matched my eyes.  I should add that my top was white, pink, red and black paisley.  Nice.  I made it through b’fast without sneezing and spent a while wandering the store commenting on this and that (and maybe buying a thing or two).  My eyes were getting itchy, but weren’t watering (much).  I knew I needed to get home though before a full blown attack hit.  Indy and I made it home and within 30 minutes my eyes were pouring, my nose was running and I was sneezing so much I feared my brain would come untethered  and fine its way out of my head.  It got so bad I couldn’t even read my book because I couldn’t focus.  Oh, the misery.  The agony.  BTW, there are no photos because if you saw me like this you’d run screaming and never come back to my blog.  It’s that bad.  If only it would rain for more than 2 and a half minutes and wash some of this horrible pollen away.  Now I’m done griping and am off to lay back on the sofa with a cool cloth over my eyes.  Leave me some love people.  Leave me some love.

6 comments:

kd said...

You poor thing! My allergies are pretty bad in Missouri--sometimes I want to scream from the incessant sneezing!

Hope it clears up soon!

C N Heidelberg said...

Ugh, that sucks :(
I get some bad allergies too. Did people tell you when you moved here that you wouldn't have them anymore? I heard that one. Too bad it didn't work out that way! I take Claritin or Zyrtec before bed but it doesn't get rid of them, it only takes the edge off.

Katie @ makingthishome.com said...

Eww eww eww.
Okay but it is kind of funny that you allergies were really set off because you wanted to go to IKEA. That's so you! haha. I love it.
Hope you can clear up soon.
Katie

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Ughhh! Allergy season is the WORST! I hate it! I have the same problems. Pollen flies around and just makes my sinuses go insane!

I hope it gets better soon for you!

Anne said...

sorry to hear that those stupid "german" pollen aren't getting better at not getting people sick! My hubby is from the midwest and he never suffered allergies, I came from France with no allergies and as soon as I got in Omaha, I got allergies! When we moved to Germany a long time ago, I didn't have allergies but my husband did. When I talked to a friend doctor/research in Omaha, he told me that it is because your immune system is use to the "local" pollen and when you go around it scream out "HELL no, I won't take that anymore" That's my story!! Anyhow!! Something that use to help my hubby back in Germany was Vitamin. Get the "vitamin pack" were there is like 5 of different one, I found those at the PX in Ktown so, you should be able to find them! Try it, you never know it might help, obvioulsy you will need to take it for more than a week to get the consequences, but... you never know you might get addicted!! Good luck!!!

Susie Q said...

Sending ya love, lots of love. Most of my troubles were with pine pollen in NC....yellow snow on the jeep and shutters....house fan on so it was inside the house too..turned on it a/c and and took narcotics and went to sleep

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...