Pages

The journey of a thousand miles begins with...the perfect pair of shoes.

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

RTT: The World Cup Edition

I have really been off my random game, haven't I? What up MIHH? I don't know, readers. I. Don't. Know.

randomtuesday

*I am thoroughly enjoying the World Cup. Really, it's fascinating. I thought Americans were rabid sports fans. We have nothing, nothing, on soccer fans.

*Whoever invented the vuvuzela  horn should be shot.  Or worse, they should have to sit in a room with a group of children who blow the vuvuzela without stopping.  Sweet baby Jesus it's annoying.

*We have a commercial on AFN that talks about how the world cup is not about religion, politics, war, race, age, etc, etc.  Indy said since people get along so well during the World Cup, we should have it all the time.  What a sweetie.

*I'm not sure why soccer isn't popular in the US other than in the under 18 crowd.

*I was on my way home the other day when the Germany v. Argentina game came on.  My radio was on a German station that was broadcasting the game.  I understood about 1 in 8 words (they were talking really, really fast), but I was cracking up listening to the commentators.  They were saying player names as the player had the ball and then got crazy excited when Germany got near the goal end.  It was all "players name, players name, players name, blah, blah,blah {German version of OMG}  OMG, OMG, OMG, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, AHHHHH....Nein (No)."  It was really funny.  Seriously, they were so excited.

*Okay, enough soccer.

*When buying a bed for our guest/school room, Mr. HH wouldn't let me get the bed I wanted.  I informed him the other day that since my mom and step-dad are coming in Dec for a month, he had to figure out where they were going to sleep.

Mr. HH: What? Why?

Me: Well, you wouldn't let me get the bed I wanted, so you have to figure out where they're going to sleep.

Mr. HH: But...

Me: No buts, you figure it out.

Mr. HH: Get the bed you want.

Me: (mentally high fiving myself)

Mr. HH is putting it together right now. I am diabolical.


*I still haven't seen Eclipse! It's not going to play at our theater until the end of this week. Stupid Army Europe theaters. They are keeping me and Edward apart. They are wrong or that. I can't even go the first 2 nights because it will be filled with all the screaming teenage girls who think Edward loves them. Stupid teenage girls.

*RPattz is currently filming the movie version of Like Water for Elephants. I love that book and RPattz as the lead (ironically named Jacob) is perfect. My book club is already planning a trip to the theater just to see RPattz. It's still being filmed! We need help.  If you haven't read the book, you should.
















*Rescue Me is one of my favorite shows.  I've never been a big fan of Dennis Leary before this show.  For some reason though, in this show I find him incredibly hot (no pun intended).

*Indy is in summer camp this week.  At 7:05 this morning he came into my room, fully dressed, teeth brushed and hair combed and woke me up "Mom, it's time to go!  Get up."  Crikey.

*I've rearranged my living room 4 times in the last 9 days.  No, I'm not nesting.  I'm just....unsettled.  When I'm unsettled, I move things around.  It drives Mr. HH crazy.  Okay, that's kind of a bonus.  ;)

*Even the pigeons are overweight:


It's late.  I have to go to bed.  Click the crazy button up there to read all the other randomness.


6 comments:

Beta Dad said...

Ach du lieber! Ach du lieber!

When I lived in Deutschland as a kid, we got the movies about six months after they came out.

Then when we lived in Moscow we got them about a year late. And we didn't have a theater. Everyone had a projector at home and we'd check out the movies from the embassy, lug the huge reels on the bus and watch them at our apartments. If you weren't one of the first families to check out the movies, you were likely to miss a lot because someone else would have burned or otherwise mutilated parts of the film and scotch-taped it back together. Good times.

Kristen Andrews said...

this sign is just too funny!

family of 4 on the move! said...

LOL love the sign!! Total kudos to you on working the bed thing*high five*!!

Yes that was my baby girl in the paper with her shirt all up in the whipped cream..ughhh! She probably would have won if I had the patience to stand there but I had to get her cleaned up it was driving me nuts!!
Tripsdrill is a blast!! Way better then Holiday park in my opinion.

Together We Save said...

I have 3 of those crazy teenagers 2 Team Edward and one Team Jacob...but all 3 just go on and on about Jacobs abs! ANd yes they have all seen the movie!

Anonymous said...

You were in the car when Germany was playing Argentina? Well, I guess you were alone on the road, something that barely happens around here...
There's a joke in Germany that any country which wants to invade our country should wait until Germany's playing in the World Cup. No-one'll notice the invasion until after the game...

Happy Weekend...

Laura said...

I agree about those horns. Annoying!!!
I just stepped outside and it's like world cup stereo from all the neighbors TVs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...