Pages

The journey of a thousand miles begins with...the perfect pair of shoes.

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Wii Fit is a judgmental b@st@rd.

Do you own a Wii Fit? We do,and let me tell you, he's a judgmental bastard. I hopped on this morning and was welcomed by "Hello {MIHH}. It's been a while since I've seen you." Yes, I know that. I know I've been lazy. Don't talk down to me. It then weighed me and I step on to hear it go "Oh!" like I weigh a ton. How rude. The little green person rotates and my Mii pops up with my weight and suddenly my Mii gets fatter and turns to look at her behind. The Wii reads "Oh my, you've gained a little weight since last time." It's like having a brutally honest gay friend only he doesn't come with margaritas or offer to do my hair but makes me feel bad instead of telling me that while I may have gained weight I still look fabulous in my heels. Boo Wii Fit! Boo!
Yes, I know I NEED to know this, but I don't need it coming from a board. Why don't they just program it to say something like "Wow! You butt must look really big in your jeans." I'm sure the people at Nintendo think it's great to poke fun at us fat ass Americans but really, the comments from the balance board want to make me run for the fridge, not work out. Way to go, Nintendo. Way to go. Oh, and it doesn't just take pot shots at me. It let me know that it hadn't seem Mr.HH is a while either.

9 comments:

Christina - Rant Rave Roll said...

I refuse to by a Fit until I'm in better shape... with those kind of comments Nintendo should start selling low-self esteem self help downloads and anti-depressant accessories for your Wii.

Liz Mays said...

You are not kidding about this. It's just rude and surly, I tell ya!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

That's hilarious!! Another reason why I should not get a Wii. Comments like that make me want to eat more brownies. ;)

Nancy's Notes said...

Oh yes, I got the same treatment! People crack up when I tell them about it, now I know someone that has had the same experience!

Nancy

family of 4 on the move! said...

OMG thank you for telling me so now I will hit the gym a few more months before getting back on that sucker!! I love the hula hoop though even though I get hit in the head a few thousand times it is still a good workout!!

Stay off board or else I will get laughed at..check!! LOL

Unknown said...

I've been reading through a lot of your posts.. I can only hope to be as fashionable as you someday!

Joyfulness said...

I agree. I despise the thing. At least the kids like it - skinny little things that they are!

Satakieli said...

Ha, mine did the same to me after i didn't use it for a couple of months! Cheeky bugger.

These Are The Days said...

That's hilarious, you're too funny! I don't have a wii fit (thank goodness). :)

Am I ready for our h.s. year? Not totally, I'm waiting on our curriculum and trying to decide on a few things. I also need to do some lesson planning/scheduling.
Just ordering new books gets me all excited though. We're also taking a quick trip to Salt Lake City, Utah in a few weeks so there goes my July.

Sounds like you've got some sweet travels ahead...I'm totally jealous. Keep in touch. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...