Pages

The journey of a thousand miles begins with...the perfect pair of shoes.

Monday, July 5, 2010

Red, white and....shoes?

Hello everyone! I hope you had a lovely 4th of July full of bbq, family fun and fireworks. We had all those, but we only heard the fireworks, we didn't actually see them. Oh, well, we've seen them plenty of times. We had a 4th/birthday get together in the basement of our building. TOM (The Other Man) has a b-day coming up in a few days, but has to have surgery before then and wanted to celebrate before he's on pain killers. We had a bunch of people over and loads of food. The kids splashed around in a blow up pool outside and all was well. You know, the usual stuff. We all know about that, let's talk about something else: 4th of July fashion. Sure, sure, you can buy an Old Navy T-shirt with a flag on it (and there were many yesterday) and that's great, or you could just wear something red, white or blue, but what about the shoes? What about the shoes?!?! I know, I know, shoes? Really? Yes, really! You've seen the name of my blog, right?
I was out the other day trying to find closed toed water shoes for Indy to wear at camp next week and happened to come across a pair of shoes that made my heart skip a beat and I knew I had found the perfect footwear for the 4th. Want to see?  Of course you do!



Seriously, how bloody adorable are those?  Could you die from the patrioticness?  Want to know what's funny?  I bought them in a German store!  They also had them in blue and white stripes with red trim, but these made my heart go pitter-patter.  Want to know what else?  They were on SALE!  12 Euros!  That's about $16!  Wheeeeeeeeee!  Of course I can wear them other than on the 4th, but they are just too perfect NOT to wear then.



You can't really see, but my toes got a patriotic makeover too with very cherry nail polish.  See how much I love the USA?  I even paint my nails and buy patriot shoes.  Yes, that's why I bought them.  Exactly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The shoes are great. They are so 50's, and they look so cute on your feet. Good job.

Tia said...

i LOVE those shoes!!

KimAustin said...

Do those shoes have cork heels?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...