Pages

The journey of a thousand miles begins with...the perfect pair of shoes.

Monday, July 26, 2010

Indy is 8! Legoland is awesome!

Hello my darlings! Have you missed me? I haven't been ignoring you, I've been away. We went down to Stuttgart for a few days for Indy to have dyslexia therapy. I'll discuss that on my homeschool blog in a day or so if you're interested. Since Sunday was Indy's eighth birthday, and we were close by, we surprised him by taking him to Legoland! He was so excited when he saw where we were.  I know he doesn't look excited in some of the photos, but we couldn't find his sunglasses and he said it was too bright to smile.  Huh.


In Miniland they had several German cities built along with some Swiss, Dutch and Italian cities.  It was fascinating.  Things moved and lit up!  Awesome.






In Italy, the little gondolas moved through the water and there were speakers with opera.  I loved it.

Being a soccer (football) mad country, they had one of Germany's largest stadiums in Lego.  Mr. HH shot a very short video of it.






Mr. HH, being a man, spotted this little number.  I wonder how many people do and what the builder was thinking.  Blow it up and take a good look.  Fancy, huh?



There was so much to see!  Of course it wasn't all stuff built our of Legos.  There were rides too!  They weren't built out of Legos though (thank goodness).  We had to talk Indy into getting on the Dragon Coaster.  This is him in with a knight made completely out of Legos.


And then we got on the ride.  Mr. HH filmed it.  You must watch it. It's kind of long, but it's really worth it. Trust me.



Hahahahahaha!

Here we are waiting in line for the Lego Atlantis exhibit.


Lego Atlantis was really cool.  It's a walk through aquarium with Lego divers discovering the city of Atlantis.  There are beautiful fish in the aquarium and we could have stayed for hours just watching them.  Unfortunately we couldn't get any clear photos.  Bummer.

Before we left we stopped to drop some Euros in the shop (of course).  Indy was practically a puddle on the floor.  If you've ever been over to the Captain's blog, you know he and his boys are really (really) into Star Wars and Legos (and bacon, but that's another story).  I saw something that I thought would make his head explode with excitement.


Lego Death Star!  It is HUGE.  I couldn't find how many pieces it has,but it has to be thousands.  I can't even imagine the time it takes to put this thing together.  In case you're wondering, it was 419 Euros.  WOW!  Indy has decided he wants it for Christmas.  Um, yeah.  I'm afraid Santa will have no room for it in his pack.

So, that was my baby's 8th birthday.  We have a big fat pirate party coming up this weekend. Stay tuned for photos from that!



6 comments:

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Legoland looks pretty cool. :) Looks like Indy enjoyed it, except maybe the ride? ;)

These Are The Days said...

Very cool, looks totally fun. We had planned a Legoland trip for May but it got cancelled because of our move. I got to check out that place. Happy Birthday to Indy!!

Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels said...

OMG you guys went to Legoland! I have seen photso before, but have never been there! It looks really cool. Thank you for sharing the pics! And happy birthday to Indy :-)

family of 4 on the move! said...

Ohh yeah looks like you guys had a fab time!! That is on our list for August to dos! We went to the one in CA and loved it so I was dying to see this one! Thanks for sharing! Hope he has a fantastic bday party and please tell him we said Happy Birthday!!

Captain Dumbass said...

Oh My God! Looks like Indy had a pretty awesome birthday. I've never been to Legoland. The Death Star? Supreme Leader would never allow it. Sigh.

Kato said...

The second number on the left on the Death Star package is the number of pieces. 3803.

That's the small version though xD

(16 inches diameter - there's a "Death Star II" on retail that is 20 inches in diameter)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...