Pages

The journey of a thousand miles begins with...the perfect pair of shoes.

Monday, July 19, 2010

It's like they read my blog!!!!!

Well, hello! Happy Monday to you. Have a good weekend? We did. We went to a birthday party/cookout on Sat and Sunday we drove up to Ramstein Air Base to do some shopping, eat at Johnny Rocket's and watch Iron Man 2 in an air conditioned theater. The Contessa and I went to see Eclipse in our local theater last week and it has no a/c. It was 93 degrees outside and probably 113 inside. Holy moly!
Anyway, we had delicious, delicious (and oh, so bad for us) food, then went to see Iron Man 2 and it was AWESOME. I {heart} Robert Downey, Jr. Not like I {heart} Johnny Depp (I love you, Johnny! Call me!) and Edward (Yummy), but more in an "he's so funny and awesome and I totally approve of how he's put his life back together way." The movie was funny and very action-y. What? It's a word. Oh, and it had Mickey Rourke in it, who is a slice of fun (with a scoop of weird on the side).  If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it.  It was a lovely weekend.  

So, onto the title. Did you read my Dishing It: Summer Reading post?  Of course you did.  Why wouldn't you?  Every word I write is like drops of manna from the skies. Or something like that.  Since I know you read it, I'm sure you remember me talking about the Sebastian St. Cyr series and how awesome it was and how, even though the last installment just came out in Nov 09 and I couldn't wait for the next one, even though there was no news as to when it would be coming out.  Right?  Yeah, I know you do.  So this morning I was on Amazon.com (love!) and just happened to click on my recommendations.  I don't check them very often because they are usually filled with Indiana Jones, books or toys, as I buy stuff for Indy at Christmas birthdays from them.  Today though, I thought, hey, let's see what's new.  And guess what I saw????  Guess!  Go on.  That's right!!!!  The new Sebastian St. Cyr novel, Where Shadows Dance is now available for pre-order and will be published Mar 1, 2011!  YES!!!!  It's like CS Harris and Amazon read my blog.  And why wouldn't they?  My words=manna, remember?  Sure, sure, I know it's still 8 months away, but at least now I know when and won't just be sitting here wondering how long I'll have to wait.  Not that I do that or anything.  I'm very busy. 


6 comments:

Liz Mays said...

Look at the effect you have on society!

family of 4 on the move! said...

Glad you had a fab weekend! Yay on the book! I totally get the whole waiting for some brilliant author to hurry up and sign the new book deal and get on the next one right?!! LOL

Frugal Vicki said...

Is it just me...or does it seem like everyone who likes Johnny also is required to like Edward?

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Yay for air conditioning. ;) My dad spent some of his growing up years on Ramstein. :)

Anonymous said...

Kid, You are just a little bit nuts. I guess that is why everyone love you. (;

Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels said...

I LOVE Robert Downey Jr. too!! he is perfect as Tony Stark, isn't h? Though I loved him in Ally Mc Beal too, and Less than Zero? Awesomeness.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...