Pages

The journey of a thousand miles begins with...the perfect pair of shoes.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

RTT: I can't make this stuff up

 randomtuesday


Wheeeeeeeee!!!!! It's TUESDAY! Huzzah!



*From the I can't make this stuff up file:
Indy: Mom, what's line dancing?
Me: [explanation of line dancing] You've never heard of line dancing before?
Indy: I've heard of pole dancing.
Me (and James Bond): WHAT?
Indy: Yeah, but I don't know what it is. Why would you dance with a pole?
Me: Um....*facepalm*
James Bond: That's it. No more TV. Ever.

*I think it was really inconsiderate of Prince William and Kate not to keep my due date in mind when picking a date for their wedding. I mean really, it's 4 days after Han Solo is due. How on earth am I supposed to make it to London? Gah!

*Have you watched Downton Abbey??? If not, rush over to PBS.org and watch it. It is brilliant! I can't wait for season 2. They're going to start filming next this month and it won't air until the fall.  Oh, agony!

*I want to see The Tourist, as it has my beloved Johnny Depp in it, BUT it also has that home wrecking Angelina Jolie in it AND I hear that she actually kisses Johnny!  WTF?

*Egypt.  Ugh.  We were planning to go there this fall, but now I'm thinking, maybe not.  Why can't we all just get along?

*Tunisia too!  Darn it.  We're planning to do the Disney cruise again this summer and one of the ports is Tunisia.  We're guessing that's going to change.  That's a bummer too  because we had a good time in Tunisia (and found out I'm worth about $61,000) and were hoping to get to see Sidi Bou Said. 

*Lest you think I'm heartless and think it's all about me (hey, it's my blog, so I guess it actually IS all about me), I do hope there is a peaceful resolve to what's going on in Egypt and Tunisia.  Corrupt gov'ts suck (or so I gather) and I wish both countries a proper, caring government.  And I'd like them soon so they don't disrupt my travel plans.  Darn it, there I go again!

*I griped on FB last week about the price of Girl Scout cookies and the fact that the boxes are smaller with fewer cookies per box (if you read Friday's Dear So and So,-and why wouldn't you have?- you remember my rant) and said "WTF?" (well not the words, just the letters) and one of my friends asked if you could say WTF to the Girl Scouts.  I say, yes, yes you can when they charge you $3.50 for a teeny, tiny box of Thin Mints.  That's right, WTF Girl Scouts?   WTF????

*Speaking of scouts, Indy has the Pinewood Derby this weekend.  He's really looking forward to it.  I am not.  It's sooooo loud and the races take forever.  Apparently it's frowned upon to show up just to watch your kid race and then leave.  Sigh.  The things I do for that boy.

*Speaking of that boy, he's griping about needing lunch.  Isn't it enough that I go to the store to get the food?  Must I actually prepare it too?????  I guess so.  I'll be back with more randomness later.

*Okay!  The boy has been fed (tuna on whole grain bread and an apple in case you were wondering) and will be good for at least an hour, when he'll tell me he's hungry AGAIN.  I swear I don't know where he puts it all.

*Latin.  It's all Indy wants to do.  I guess I shouldn't be complaining, but I do declensions in my sleep.

*I'm tired from lunch.  Why is it when you eat, you often get sleepy?  Shouldn't I be getting a burst of energy or something?

*Given my comments on the situation in N. Africa, I thought this sign appropriate (and more than a little funny):







*Also...the hell you say!  He is not!






Okay, really I'm tired.  I think I need a nap (after we finish Latin, which Indy is working on even as I type), so I'll close.  Click the weird button up there to read all the other randoms.



10 comments:

Sue said...

Kate and William's wedding interferes with your planning to die? How dare they?!

(the typo "die date" had me chuckling, unless of course you really DO have Kevorkianish plans...).

Anonymous said...

LOL @ the Google search. It comes up with the craziest things!

These Are The Days said...

I hear ya with the wedding plans...hello!?! I have other trips planned then, you coulda asked me before setting the date!

I agree w/ The Tourist...Angelina's home wrecking presence totally ruined it for me.

Indy's sweet, yay for Latin!

Hope you're doing well. I knew I loved you!!

Mama Badger said...

Pole dance, line dance, meh, not much difference, right?

If only they would just become atheists, the middle east would be just fine.

Amber Nicole said...

ooooo!! I went and saw the tourist with a friend. It was good!! I was sad when it was her that was smooching him instead of me smooching him, but i'll have my day :p

Also--you can TOTALLY WTF a girl scout. We're getting ripped off!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Okay, that last screen shot of Google is too much. Hilarious!!! I. Love. Downton Abbey!!! I am having a really hard time trying decide whether I love or hate Mary. I felt bad for Edith, after Mary stabbed her in the back at the garden party, even though she sort of deserved it. Loving Anna and Mr. Bates! Best show I've seen in a long time!!!

Mad Housewife said...

I had no idea my Google search would show up. ;-)

Love the pole dancing bit. Ah the things kids say!

Shannon said...

The pole dancing convo gave me a chuckle. Kids are too much.

I loved Downton Abbey, too! UGH, I don't want to wait for more episodes!

MooAtU2 said...

I was totally thinking the same things about Egpyt. I was going to write on FB about how our plans to visit there were thorted, but I didn't want to seem insensitive. Next time I'll just got for it, and people will have to just deal.

Stacy Uncorked said...

I'm still giggling over the whole pole dancing question... :)

I'm right there with you about wanting to see The Tourist but not wanting to watch the home wrecker. ;)

RTT: Snow, Ice, Dinos, Snuggie Envy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...