Pages

The journey of a thousand miles begins with...the perfect pair of shoes.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

RTT; Birthdays and so forth

randomtuesday


Before I get started today, I have to tell you about a very important birthday.  If you've been around for a while, you may recall me writing about Frank Buckles, the ONLY surviving American vet of WWI. Yes, WW ONE.  Well, today is Mr. Buckles 110th birthday.  Can you imagine?  Holy cow.  Frank Buckles is on a crusade to have a national WWI memorial built in DC (can you believe that we don't have one?) and I fully support him in this.  Today though, I support him in blowing out candles and having a great day.  Happy Birthday Mr. Buckles! 

*Today is also Arf's birthday! He's 8 years old today.  He's a Maltese and all of 4 pounds but thinks he's a Rottweiler.  Happy Birthday Arf!!!! We love you.

*I had the best Valentin's Day! Seriously. I'll tell you about it tomorrow though because today is RTT. Come back tomorrow though because you don't want to miss what I have to show you. I'll tell you this: James Bond is a crafting KING.

*I went to the OB yesterday and Han Solo is growing right on schedule. He weighs about 3 pounds 3 ounces right now. I have gained 6.5 (six and a half NOT sixty-five) pounds since my very first appointment back in Sept. Han Solo is sitting so deep in my body cavity there's no room for food, so I can't eat much. I'm so freaking hungry. ALL. THE. TIME.

*For whatever reason, Indy has taken to calling Coco, Mrs. Coco Bottoms. I have no idea why. And not only that, but he says it in a very high pitched voice with a British accent. It's pretty funny. He always says "Welllll, hellloooooo, Mrs. Coco Bottoms!" James Bond and I laugh. We find ourselves calling her Mrs. Coco Bottoms too. Sad and strange, really. I'll see if I can get him to do it on the bloggie. If I can, I'll upload it.

*We saw Tangled last night (as part of my awesome Valentine's Date) and it was really, really good!  I love that Disney (and the other cartoon companies) are making movies that appeal to both girls AND boys.  ----Slight spoiler, but not really----The funniest line in the movie IMO is when the mother finds Rapunzel and Rapunzel asks how. She says  Well it was easy really. I just listened for the sound of complete and utter betrayal and followed that.  OMG, what a mom thing to say!  I LOL'd.  So did a lot of others.  It's due out on DVD at the end of March.  Rent it.  Buy it.  Borrow it.  Just see it.

*Huh, I've got no more randoms!  What do you know?  Come back tomorrow for some cool photos of my Valentine's Day.

*Until then, I'll leave you with this. 


I wish you all a wonderful random Tuesday!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Digging the completely inappropriate signage. :0 Happy Tuesday!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

I loved Tangled too!! I'm buying it as soon as it hits Target. ;) The mother was so, so funny!!

Christina - Rant Rave Roll said...

I love that sign. That would be one big baby if you had gained 65 lbs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...