Pages

The journey of a thousand miles begins with...the perfect pair of shoes.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

RTT: Why I didn't marry a magician

randomtuesday



*Last week we were watching the season finale of America's Got Talent (I still can't believe Prince Poppycock didn't win!  Boo!  Boo, I say!) and James Bond heard them say David Copperfield would be on the last show. Here's our conversation:

JB: Did they say David Copperfield?
Me: Yes.
JB: Really? David Copperfield?  THE David Copperfield.
Me: Yes. Why? Are you a fan?
JB:  Are you kidding? He's the reason I didn't go into magic!
Me:  Wait, what?  He's....the reason you didn't go into magic?
JB:  Yeah, you can't compete with him.  He floated across the Grand Canyon!  Did you see that?
Me:  Yes.
JB:  He made a plane just disappear!  On an empty tarmac!
Me:  So before that, you were going to go into magic?
JB:  Well, it was my fall back.
Me:  You were going to be a dentist, but magic was your fall back?
JB:  Yeah, neither of those really worked out did they?  I blame the magic on David Copperfield though.  You just can't compete with that.  I'm not sure why I didn't become a dentist, but the magic is definitely  because of David Copperfield.
Me:  I think he was suppose to inspire you.
JB:  He did!  He inspired me not to go into magic.  I knew I couldn't compete.
Me: {facepalm}


*I've been having the craziest dreams lately.  Last night I dreamed I worked at a cattle ranch (wait, let that sink in..me, working at a cattle ranch).  I went into the local bar and drank 3-4 beers (I only like the first sip of an ice cold beer and only from a bottle, so this was weird too), and I woke up, having to pee like crazy.  How unfair is that?


*I also dreamed there was a portal to another world under the bed in our guest room and for some reason Jackie Chan had to go through the portal.


*We went to a big Viking Fest this weekend.  We had just finished learning about Vikings last week, so it was perfect timing. I'll have more about this later this week, including photos.


*Why are goth kids so fascinated with going to period fairs and fests?  If they actually dressed in all black and had random things pierced 500-1000 years ago they'd probably have been burned at the stake.  I'm just saying.



*This sicks still has me down peeps.  I've got no more random. I have sadness though.  For you.  You are clearly missing out.


*Why doesn't my microwave have this button?


Hit the weird button to read the other randoms. 



8 comments:

Margaret aka: Fact Woman said...

Cook a Bit More- I want that button too. You're right about the Goth kids. I never thought about the fact they would have been burned for being a witch. How did you keep a straight face with JB on the Copperfield topic. I would have laughed out loud!

Stacy Uncorked said...

Hysterically funny conversation with your hubby - he couldn't compete with David Copperfield...priceless! ;)

I had a vision of you working the cattle ranch...in high heels! *giggle*

Looking forward to the Viking Fest update with photos! ;)

I need a 'cook more' button on my microwave!

RTT: Summer's End, Winemaking and Barf

Beta Dad said...

I'm excited about the Viking fest! Can't wait to see the pics.

Captain Dumbass said...

Cook a bit more? That is the best. And JB's reasoning is totally sound.

Amanda said...

Ha ha...I never thought of the Goth kid angle either. That's funny.

I am envious of the random dreams right now. I know I am dreaming, but I can't remember them at all!

Unknown said...

Great Convo with JB! Hillarious! Hope you start feeling better soon.

Satakieli said...

I hung around with a whole lot of goth kids (including going to goth clubs... when the music ends there's just so much PVC squeaking...) when I was a teenager and always wondered the same thing...

Decor To Adore said...

You made me laugh outloud with the GOth's attending Faires. :)

So true.

I NEED the cook a bit more button.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...