Pages

The journey of a thousand miles begins with...the perfect pair of shoes.

Saturday, September 11, 2010

September 11



There are so many things I could say about this day, but all the words I could say can't sum it up my feelings as beautifully as the following quote from a Harry Potter book written more than a year before the attacks.


"We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are
divided...Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our
aims are identical and our hearts are open."

-Prof. Albus Dumbledore
JK Rowling
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
(p.723, Scholastic Press, New York, 2000)

Never Forget. God Bless America.




3 comments:

Jaxon said...

Love that quote...I haven't read the books, so thanks for sharing. Such a sad day in our country, but whenever I think about 9/11, I can't help but get overwhelmed w/ feelings of gratitude for the brave heros of that day, and all the days to follow. I'm just so greatful.

These Are The Days said...

Oops, that was me...Jax forgot to sign out. :/

Decor To Adore said...

We have hung our flag in remembrance today. Long may she wave.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...