Pages

The journey of a thousand miles begins with...the perfect pair of shoes.

Monday, March 2, 2009

Meta Monday: Frame change

It's Meta Monday again! Unfortunately, we've all been sickies this week, so I don't have much to show. Actually I have a lot to show, but it's all covered in used tissues, bottles of medicine, juice and the general flotsam and jetsam of being sick. Blah. I decided that I would show you the frame I repainted for last weeks bathroom makeover.

I had this gold frame tucked away in a closet. It was....gold. Yuck. I'm not a fan of gold frames unless they are around an antique master and hung in a stately home or museum. Why I have this frame, I don't know. I needed a frame for a photo to go in the bath and this would be perfect. You know if it weren't gold.


What's a girl with a gold frame to do? Paint it of course! Since the bathroom is done in blue, I went an ice blue.


I then used a darker blue to pick out some of the details.


Unfortunately, it was too blue. I know, I'm as shocked as you are, but there you have it. I took the photo back out and pulled out a bottle of white. I did a light layer of white over all the blue.


And here it is in my bathroom. Much improved from the gold don't you think?

12 comments:

Paula said...

Hello. I am just like you. I paint over everything gold! It looks really nice. What type of paint did you use?

susan said...

hope you are feeling better. You are so right. NEVER get rid of frame. They can always "morph"!

Anonymous said...

Now I am wishing that I did not send a bunch of frames to the DAV a few months ago!

RootsAndWingsCo said...

I do agree about not liking gold frames. I have had an ENORMOUS one that we inherited, that has followed us through about 8 moves! It was a mirror and the mirror finally broke...I mean sadly broke. ;) So last weekend I took the gold frame out back and sprayed it with the only color I had on hand, which was red! It will go very nicely in our preschool room! Isn't paint wonderful? I don't see your picture of yours in the bathroom. I'll check back to see if I somehow missed it!
Rebecca
RootsAndWingsCo.blogspot.com

Michelle said...

Nothing like snot everywhere! We're almost over ours here!

Much improved over the gaudy gold! Looks great!

Melissa Miller said...

It has a very pretty and serene look to it.

It looks complimentary with the beach scene.

I hope you all feel well very soon! :)

Tara said...

I think it looks great! Nice blog you have here!

Ruby Red Slippers said...

Hi-From one shoe junkie to another!
I just found your blog from A Soft Place to Land-
I love what you did with the frame-that's what I would have done, too!

Chandy said...

Lovely choice for today's Met Monday! Sorry for the late visit; too many errands...

Carolyn of What Now? Tablescapes

Cass @ That Old House said...

Paint is amazing!

Nice!
Cass

Scribbler said...

Pretty frame! White paint is never wrong, in my book.

Scribbler

ReminisceHeirlooms said...

Oh wow, I soooo need to paint some of my frames. My are all stuck in the gold. lol.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...