Pages

The journey of a thousand miles begins with...the perfect pair of shoes.

Friday, March 27, 2009

Happy Birthday to ME!

It's my favorite day of the year! MY BIRTHDAY! Wheeeeeeeeeeeee! BTW, did you know your Wii Fit will wish you a happy birthday? I didn't. When I turned it on this morning, the little Wii board had a party had on, wished me a happy birthday and threw some virtual confetti all over the screen. It was kind of neat and started my day off on a chipper note. Oh, I let Indy do a few ski jumps (that's a big treat, because he usually only gets to play it on the weekend) and it even reminded him that it was my birthday. Smart, Nintendo. Very smart.

Anyway, enough free advertising for Nintendo. Today is all about me. Me, me, ME! Not that I'm narsisitic or anything, but it's my birthday, so yeah, me.

Let's have a look back at the last 36 years shall we?

Here's my mom with me in tow. Isn't she cute? She was 20! Holy cow! She turned 21 a month and a half after I was born. This photo was taken in Jan of 73. She and my dad had been married a little over a year and a half.


Say it with me: Awwwwwwww! This is my first portrait. I was 4 days old. I don't look happy to be having my picture taken, do I?


And one year later. Look at those chubby cheeks and arms!


Here I am at 2. This would have been my Easter dress. I'm pretty sure my mom made it. I seem to be getting progressively happier.


Check this out! I was 4 in this photo, so it would have been 1977. Look at those clothes! And what's up with my hair?



This is first grade. My mom loved to put my hair in the double pig tails. My grandmother used to call me "Buffy" not after the vampire slayer, but after the little girl called Buffy in a 70's sitcom. I think it was called Family Affair, but I'm not sure and I don't feel like Googling it. It's my birthday and I don't have to do anything I don't want. Ha!



We'll just skip all those awkward middle school years. They were not kind to me. I had really bad asthma and took tons of medications containing steroids. They made me....let's say "puffy." It was not a good time for me. We'll move right into the teen years. This is me (far left, looking down), my mom (hotness!) and my crazy older cousin (older by about 11 years) in 1987. I would have been 14. Also, this is probably the last time I ever went to a beach. Unlike my mom, I do not tan. I'm more like my red headed dad and burn. A lot. As you can see, the steroids are long gone and the weight just fell off. What I wouldn't give to have those thighs again.



This was my Senior prom. I was 18. My prom was in the Sears Tower in Chicago. Awesome. Get a good look at that layered dress. I'm sinking in the grass here, but rest assured I was wearing heels. Oh, and check out my date's "Hammer Pants." They were the height of early 90's fashion.



Here's my HS graduation a few weeks later. Yes, I went to an all girl school. Surprisingly, I loved it and still keep in touch with many of the girls I graduated with (even before Facebook).


All of my college photos are glued down to a scrapbook and I'm too lazy to scan them. You've seen my wedding photos, which was at the end of college, so you know what I looked like.

Here is me today. Well, not TODAY, today, but about a week ago. You know, when I was still 35. Not too bad, I think.

13 comments:

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday! It was fun looking at all of your old picutres.

Enjoy your day.

Wendy :)

Shasta said...

Just found your blog and wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday!! Love the timeline of pictures you shared, very neat!

patty said...

...have such a
. . .. . . .. .. .
.*. .*.hApPy BiRtHdAy!!! *. .*.
* ..* .*. *. *.* . ..*. *.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Love all your pictures. I have been a lurker for a while.

Cynthia

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!! Your grandmother was right, you definitely look a look like Buffy from Family Affair in that photo. I'm about 3 years older than you, so I remember watching that show all the time.

I would totally skip posting my middle school photos too, although I have no medication to blame it on.

Hope you have a great day!

Old Ladies Driving said...

Fabulous pictures! Happy Birthday!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39A2J-yo2Nc

Hugs & Giggles,
The Old Ladies

C N Heidelberg said...

AUGHHHH I can't believe I'm a day late. Happy birthday!!! :D

Susie Q said...

Happy belated BD! Mine was on Wednesday...let's just say that I am a bit older than you ;P Mine bd was quite good, so I am hoping that yours was also!

Susan

PS: And we have to celebrate our OWN birthdays!

Infarrantly Creative said...

Well Happy belated Birthday. You may not have those thighs anymore but at least you don't have that hair either (the prom one) LOL! The 80's - early 90s hair was just wrong. I look back and think, "What was going through my mind?"

nikkicrumpet said...

First...HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! I love these posts. It's so fun to see the pictures of people growing up. Your pigtails were making me giggle...and yes you do look like Buffy! I'd say you've aged beautifully! Your gorgeous at 36 and you still look very young! I hope you have the best birthday year ever!

The Nester said...

Happy late birthday! How fun to see all of your photos--I'll be 36 this year too!

Katie @ makingthishome.com said...

Happy last day of your birthday month. I liked reading about your life and how you described things like your clothes. I went to a women's college--wouldn't have changed that for the world. And your mom is beautiful! Oh wow.
Katie

American Homemaker said...

that's a fun birthday post :) I've been working on mine all month... LOL and my birthday isn't until the 29th.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...