Pages

The journey of a thousand miles begins with...the perfect pair of shoes.

Monday, March 9, 2009

Meta Monday: Indy's Room

Oh, that's right! Monday again! Monday is fast becoming one of my favorite days. Why? Cause it's Meta Monday and I get to look at all the cool things people do to change stuff up. Wooohooo! Also, today I'll be joining in on Blue Monday.

For my metamorphosis, we're going to look at Indy's room. I know you think it'll be all Incan ruins and temples and whatnot, but he decided he wanted a pirate themed room. Theme, not pattern. Darlene wrote a great post about theme v. patterns here. Don't check it out yet! I have to show you Indy's room first!


This is what it looked like when we moved in, and before we got our furniture. Large, but ridiculously dull. And WHITE. I hate white walls. They are the enemy.



Before our household goods arrived, we painted it Indy's favorite color: BLUE. The boy loves him some blue. Here's the same view as the first pic. Quite a difference, eh?



We left him a lot of open space for play. Play, play, play!


I still have a few things to do, but figured it was good enough to post. I plan on putting his monogram above the ragamuffin garland, but just haven't found the time yet.

Here's a closeup of two of the projects I found over at The Nester.

Ragamuffin Garland
:



And the memo board (which now has way more stuff on it):


Indy is actually in the Master Bed, but the room we are in is slightly bigger (though with fewer closets). We chose to put him in the Master because the room we are in is right next to the front door (you've seen the door to it in my Entry Meta) and we just weren't comfortable with the thought of him being by the front door and us being at the back of the apartment. Plus, he doesn't hear the door open and close when M goes to PT at 6am. Thanks for stopping by and make sure you check out all the other metas.

PS. It's not blue, but PINK. Barbie turns 50 today! I so loved my Barbies as a little girl. Many an hour were spent imagining with Barbie, Ken, Skipper and all their friends. Barbie gets a lot of bad press, but she only brings up happy memories for me. Happy Birthday Barbie!

36 comments:

Anonymous said...

The room looks great and I think your "Nesting Place" projects look fabulous! I love blue, too!
~Kim

The Nester said...

It looks fantastic! What a HUGE room!
Great job!

LADY JANE said...

What a fun room! He must love it! Happy Blue Monday!

bj said...

wow...you did great on this cute room. it looks just like a little boy and i know he loves it....
happy blue monday..

SmilingSally said...

The boy has good taste! Thanks for sharing. Happy Blue Monday.

susan said...

This room looks great--fun and still not "themey"! The ragamuffin garland is darling!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Cute room, and I love your ragamuffin garland! You did a GREAT job!

Happy Blue Monday...

XO,

Sheila :-)

The Stylish House said...

What a great room for you son! I love the colors you picked, the blue is striking. Have a wonderful day. Cathy

Anonymous said...

Wow I bet son feels special having such a great looking room and gosh it is so big!!!

Great job and great projects
mary

Anonymous said...

Wow I bet son feels special having such a great looking room and gosh it is so big!!!

Great job and great projects
mary

KBeau said...

Nice job on the room. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Anonymous said...

Oh these beautiful colors! What a wonderful change. Indy must be so happy. Yes, you sure are cute! Thanks for your visit.

Florida Sue.

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

What a wonderful transformation! I love the bright colors. It's such a happy room!

Jen

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I love the blue and the red, what a great room and it does look like he has plenty of room to play. Great job. Hugs, Marty

Anonymous said...

What a great transformation! I love all of the bright colors and that storage wall is fantastic!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Hoosier Vagabonds said...

Indy's room looks great! I love the colors and window treatments. I have so many questions!

Domestic Designer said...

It looks great! Have a great day!

Scribbler said...

Hard to be 'blue' in there -- very cheerful.

Scribbler

Linda Q said...

What a cute and much more colorful make over! Like it!
Linda Q

JudyBug said...

I'm with you...no white walls! I love your change!

JudyBug

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Running late this week visiting blogs....Hope you had a great Blue Monday! Love the blue room!
Susan

DesignTies said...

For starters - and I've told you this before (in your Entryway post) - I'm in love with your herringbone parquet floors! I know you mentioned that they were in poor condition and needed to be refinished... but they sure photograph well!

And I mustn't forget... your little boy's room is terrific! Love the red curtains with the dark blue blinds :-)

Thanks for stopping by our blog and leaving such a fantastic and positive comment about my old condo's kitchen remodel!!

Hope to see you back at DesignTies soon...
Victoria from EdinDesigns @ DesignTies

imjacobsmom said...

This is a great room for a boy -a job well done! ~ Robyn

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

How cute! Bett your son just loves it! Linda

feather k said...

such a great job! I agree about Barbie...fun times...thanks for visiting today!

Lisa (aka) French said...

Great job I am sure he loves it;) French

Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

It's amazing how color can transform a room. What a beautiful room, so large, with lovely hardwood floors. The red drapes really give the room pop!

Chandy said...

Great looking room redo! Awesome choice for today's Met Monday!

Sweetie said...

You did a wonderful redo with the bedroom. How wonderful for your son to have such a large bedroom. Happy Blue Monday!
Sweetie

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

What a cute, cute room! Love the blue walls with the punches of bright red! Bet Indy loves having such a large area to play in. Great Met Monday post! Susan

Rue said...

Indy's room looks incredible! What a difference in the before and after. I can tell you put a lot of work into it and I'll be he loves it :)

hugs,
rue

Blondie's Journal said...

I like Ind's room. He sure has a lot of space to play! And I like the shade of blue, just perfect!!

Happy Blue Monday belatedly!!

xoxo
Janie

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment. I wish I was not such a penny pincher because then I would hire someone to repaint them white, LOL. I love what you did with this room though! Ill follow your blog. You can check out my daily one.... militarymum.blogspot.com . I only have one daughter. Probably wont have more. I am a Historian, but I am not going on that many assignments now that I have a little girl. Once she gets into school, I will start working again. I am also a Freelance Photographer. Would LOVE to get together! Drop me another line if you are interested, but arent we all busy nowadays??

Shawon said...

It looks great! I love the blue. I need to get around to repainting my son's room. Thanks for all the inspiration!

Shawon said...

It looks great! I love the blue. I need to get around to repainting my son's room. Thanks for all the inspiration!

Nicole A. said...

Awesome!!! Love it! You did an awesome job on this room!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...