Pages

The journey of a thousand miles begins with...the perfect pair of shoes.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Naughty Leprechauns and the Shamrock Shuffle



Hello everyone and Happy St. Patrick's Day! I hope you're all wearing green. In our house, we get a visit from the "Naughty Leprechauns" some time after midnight of the 17th. Oh, those leprechauns, they cause such a ruckus. This year they had a taste for socks. They threw all of Indy's socks and underwear on the floor. They did leave some chocolate gold coins, some Euro change and some green dollars for his trouble though. It was very exciting. All of M's socks ended up on the floor too, but he didn't get any money. They stacked all my little makeup containers into towers on the bathroom counter, opened all the kitchen cabinets and turned the toilet water green (Indy's personal favorite).


Indy's milk was green!


And when I opened a can of soup for lunch (remember we are several hours ahead of the US) it was green too! He was amazed. How did those leprechauns know he was having soup for lunch?




This past Saturday, we participated in the Shamrock Shuffle 5K. Indy was so excited! He wanted to run, but he'd just gotten over being sick and even a little running caused him to hack and cough. Not fun. He did walk the whole 5K, though there was much groaning and moaning because he couldn't run.




On your mark, get set, GO!


All the kids under 12 got medals. That was the most exciting part. Here is is with 2 of his BFFs. The one in the middle is 8 and actually RAN the entire thing!


Hope you all have a lovely St. Patrick's Day and I wish you all a great big pot of gold!

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Great ideas! It is still morning here, I'm on my way to the store so I can get green food for dinner tongiht. Thanks

Wendy :)

C N Heidelberg said...

Cute!!

Melissa Miller said...

Too cute!

Enjoy your St Patty's Day! :)

GUAMtastic said...

Too cute!! Love your blog!

Tami (Pixeltrash) said...

Wish I had seen this blog posting yesterday. I would have done the sock thing. I'm sure my boys would have loved it.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...