Pages

The journey of a thousand miles begins with...the perfect pair of shoes.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Secret, the big reveal. Sore throat+fever+weird smells=WHAT?

A while back, on a Random Thoughts Tuesday post, I mentioned that I had a secret. A few of you picked up on it and wanted to know what it could be. Well, I've decided the time has come to let it be known.

Back in August, I posted this about being sick.  It was awful.  I couldn't shake a sore throat I'd had for weeks and had a constant low grade fever.  About a week after that post everything started smelling weird.  I thought it was all very odd, but didn't give it much thought.  Another week went by and I did not get any better and then I realized something very important had been missed.  I started counting the weeks and then I started panicking.  I ran to the store, came home and locked myself in the bathroom.  I took a test.  Then another, then another.  Five  positive tests later and I knew it was true:  I was pregnant! 

That's right, I am pregnant!  I should have known from the sore throat and weird smells because it was the exact same as when I was pregnant with Indy.  I went to the doc and they confirmed it (though 5 positive tests couldn't be wrong, could they?).   As of today, I am 15 weeks, 3 days pregnant and at the doctor today we found out it's another BOY!  Indy is over the moon excited at the thought of having a baby brother.  I have to say I was really hoping for a girl, but I have decided it is my lot in life to be surrounded by handsome men and treated like a queen.  How can I complain?

I am due April 25, 2011, but if this baby is anything like Indy, we're looking for a late March/early April baby.  The doc even said to expect an early baby as the best indicator of having an early baby is having already HAD an early baby.  As of today I've actually lost 3 pounds (and am not showing), but the baby is growing fine and was very, very busy on the ultra-sound.  Of course that could be because I drank a ton of OJ and ate a Honey Bun before the appointment to give him a sugar rush so he'd be lively and cooperative. 

So, there you  have it,  The big secret is now in the open!  Mom in High Heels is soon to be a mom of two (and yes, still in high heels).

22 comments:

instant student said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
instant student said...

I KNEW it!
This was the first thing I thought of after reading that you have a secret.
Awesome! Congratulations!!

Nikki said...

Awww congratulations!!!!! How exciting!!!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Congratulations!! :) Two is an adjustment, but they will have so much fun together!!

Expat Girl said...

Oh my gosh congratulations!!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!!! What happy news!

Amanda said...

Congratulations! That is wonderful!

Allison said...

aww :) happy news! congrats!

Samantha said...

Congratulations - how awesome!!!!

Charlene said...

Well I am just tickled pink for you dear one. I sure hope you do not have your baby on April 1. My daddy's birthdate was March 31 and everyone wanted me to be born on his date, but I hung on till 1 a.m. and became an April Fool.

One good thing is no one forgets your birthday. SMILE

Take care of yourself and be careful walking in high heels.

Allison said...

Congratulations!

Jenna said...

Yay! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

My first thought was you were pregnant...then I thought, nah, that's not it.

But yay! Congrats!

Stacy said...

Yay, congratulations!!

carla said...

We are happy for you..Congratulations!!!

Joyfulness said...

Congratulations! That's very exciting.

Captain Dumbass said...

Woo Hoo! Congrats, I'm so happy for you. Hey, you inspired my RTT this week.

Kimberly Wright said...

Congratulations!!! And another boy, O how sweet!!!

Unknown said...

Big time congrats to you. I'm new to your blog, but it's always cool to hear(read) about the happiness a new baby brings someone. Again, congrats and I hope to see you over at my blog.

Sarah said...

Congratulations, again! I'm glad it's public news now :) And WOW, I can't believe they told you the gender at 15 weeks. You must not go to my doctor. Apparently he doesn't like to tell until after 20 weeks. However, at my 16 week appointment we had a different doctor whom we persuaded to tell us. :)

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

Oh, my gosh, I came over to catch up on your blog this morning and was so happy to see your exciting news. Congratulations! I was similarly surprised by my second child (I was sure I had the flu for awhile there, but for some reason it was only really bad in the morning...).

Yesterday a friend of mine announced that she's expecting in April, too. It'll be a good month for babies! :-)

Katie @ makingthishome.com said...

eeeeeeeh! This is the coolest news ever. Huge congrats to you. I'm jumping up and down. Fortunately, I do not wear high heels, so it is completely safe to continue to do so.
Katie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...