Pages

The journey of a thousand miles begins with...the perfect pair of shoes.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I has the sicks.

I've been a bit MIA lately. We've been busy with school and I've had a soar throat for several days now that I absolutely cannot shake. It is sucking the life from me (and the joy of eating because everything tastes weird). When I got up this morning to go to the gym (see, right there, that is a sign of sickness, I should have checked for a fever), I wasn't feeling well, but I went anyway and did my time on the treadmill, all the while fighting a severe headache and a terribly sore throat. I came home and crawled straight back into bed. I didn't even shower, that's how bad I felt. Indy woke up around 9:15am (bless him) and came in. I told him I wasn't feeling well and he told me to go back to sleep and he'd take care of me. He made his own breakfast and watched some TV, coming in every 30-45 minutes to see if I was okay and if I needed anything. What a sweetheart! Also, if I'm sick, there's no school, and he has the day off. Around noon he came in to get the dogs to take them outside (they didn't mind me laying in bed all day) and then went out to play. I finally rolled myself out of bed around 1:30pm and ate some Jell-o, laid on the sofa and moaned ab bit and finished a book. I didn't even feel like surfing the interwebs. WHAT? Mayhaps I should head straight to the emergency room?
Hopefully I'll feel better soon and be back to my happy blogging self.

4 comments:

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Feel better soon!!!

Unknown said...

Feel better soon! Glad Indy was taking such good care of you and the dogs.

These Are The Days said...

He's seriously such a sweetie, reminds me of my Jaxon. Hope you feel better soon. Hang in there. :D

hornblower said...

Hey - I have a feeling about this illness ;-)

hugs from the WTM board!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...