Pages

The journey of a thousand miles begins with...the perfect pair of shoes.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Random Thoughts Tuesday: Springing forward, AFN and baseball

Oh, RTT how I've missed you. Oh, I know we just got together a week or so )ago, but you my friend are so necessary for my sanity.

randomtuesday

*For those who read and commented on my previous post, let me clarify something. In no way shape or form could I pass for 27. The guard is a bit older and I'm sure everyone under the age of 40 looks like their in the late 20's to him.

*Europe did their spring forward this past weekend and I am not adjusting well.  Neither is Indy.

*I think changing time is stupid.  I've never really understood the logic behind it.  I've read the ideas and the studies behind it, but I'm not convinced.  All it does is mess with people's heads and schedules.

*Baseball's Opening Day is almost here!!!!  I'm so excited I could burst.  I can absolutely feel it in my bones that this year is the year the Cubs will win the World Series.  Or if not, maybe next year.  I am the eternal optimist.  Go Cubs!

*I have a sore throat.  Boo!

*Babe Ruth was left handed, but played right handed in school because they had no left handed gloves.

*Spring slipped in a few days ago and gave us all a taste of the gloriousness that is slightly warm weather and sunshine, before winter came back and slapped us all in the face.  Our forecast calls for snow this weekend!  SNOW!  Ack!

*A regulation baseball has 108 stitches.

*I hate the stupid "commercials" on AFN.  They are not allowed to play American commercials (something to do with the SOFA agreement), so they fill the commercial time with PSA's and stupid little commercials about military life.  For those of you who have never had the joy of watching an AFN commercial, here are a few for your viewing pleasure.






Jealous????? I know you are.

*Fidel Castro was once a star baseball player for the University of Havana. Imagine how different things might be if he'd been drafted by a US team.

*The time change messes with my stomach. I want to eat at all the wrong times.

*Indy lost his TV for 4 days. This is really more of a punishment for me. When he gets to watch TV after we're finished with school work, I can get a few minutes of silence. When he loses his TV, it's non-stop chatter.

*The very first baseball game was played on June 19,1845, across the Hudson River in Hoboken, New York.

*My first MLB game was in August 1990. I went to a Cubs game at Wrigley Field.  I still have the ticket stub.  They won.

*It's now almost 10am and I haven't had breakfast yet.  Crap.  Stupid time change.

*Since I have to go eat, I'll leave you with this.  How very specific.







10 comments:

satakieli said...

They filmed one of those AFN commercials at my house a while ago (the joys of knowing altogether too many broadcast guys). I still haven't seen it because I don't watch AFN. Mikey was going to be in it too but the editors cut him, so sad.

The Spring forward time change never messes with me, it's the fall back i can't deal with!

Amanda C. said...

hahaha. its sad, but i really miss those really dumb AFN commercials!!

Jennifer said...

I hate the time change. I dont get why it is still nesacary now days. I agree all it does it mess with your head. Happy RTT! Found you @ un mom and am now following you.

I am Harriet said...

I think it's just part of Indy which is even crazier.

Have a great RTT.
http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/03/bloggers-internet-users/

Just call me Yankee said...

happy rtt.

I don't like the time changes either. Really messes with everything. I am like you, I am not convinced by the reasons they give for it. I say off with it's head!

Captain Dumbass said...

Wow. Those commercials are bad.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Poor Indy and POOR you...no TV. That stinks for everyone. ;)

The Crazy Coxes said...

Can't stand the time change!
My kids have often wondered why I have neve grounded them. Why? and punish myself?

Those commercials are horrible. Maybe the new punishment can be that Indy can ONLY watch the commercials.

I LOVE the sign!

Lyana said...

I wish we had the time change! The sun is up way too early.
Yeah, AFN commercials are not my favorite thing either:) I hate the ones about cyber bullying during morning cartoons.

By the way, do you ship to APO addresses for free from your store?

Lyana said...

I wish we had the time change! The sun is up way too early.
Yeah, AFN commercials are not my favorite thing either:) I hate the ones about cyber bullying during morning cartoons.

By the way, do you ship to APO addresses for free from your store?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...