Pages

The journey of a thousand miles begins with...the perfect pair of shoes.

Friday, March 19, 2010

A Little Pink in a Camo World-the ultimate sacrifice

This is not the post I had planned for today.  I was going to join in to Dear So and So and write silly little letters to people who've made me crazy during the week.  Just another day.  Before posting though, I went over to a military spouses board that I frequent and learned some heart breaking news.  On Sunday 14 March, 26 year old Cpl Jonathan Daniel Porto was killed while on duty in Afghanistan. His 23 year old wife of less than a year had their first child on 15 Jan, 2010.  Today, she will be flying to Florida to arrange his funeral.  This is one of thousands of stories that happen every day to military families.  Please keep them all in your thoughts.
You can read an amazingly beautiful and sad post written by Rachael on her blog A Little Pink in a Camo World.  There are also moving photos of the Cpl's casket being unloaded at Dover AFB here.

Mr. HH is Army, but to Rachael I say, Semper Fi.


3 comments:

Bonita said...

I am so sorry for this young widow and her family. Words just don't do it justice. I will pray for them and extend a thank you to her fallen hero.

Formerly known as Frau said...

My heart goes out to his family and all the families that have lost a love one in this war.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

My thoughts go out to her and their baby. My sis is waiting for her hubs to return from Iraq...their first baby is due in September. Scary stuff...too many of us forget about our service members....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...