Pages

The journey of a thousand miles begins with...the perfect pair of shoes.

Sunday, June 15, 2008

So this is me...

Here I am! Aren't you glad you found me? I know you are. So, what do you want to know? Everything? Well, that's going to take a while. I'll try to be brief. Brevity is not my strong suit. Let's see, I'm in my 30's-are you as shocked as I am about that?-I'm married, and I have a 5 year old little boy. And I love shoes. Too brief? I thought so too! We're on the same wave length my friends.

Okay, so I *am* in my 30's (mid-30's), and married to my man for 13 years now. He is in the military so we lead a vagabond lifestyle. We have lived in 4 states and Germany and have moved at least once every place we've lived. I love to decorate, though moving so much (and never having the same size windows twice) makes it quite a challenge. Also, my husband and I have very different tastes. I like a bit of French Country/cottage-y/casual. Dh likes...well, let's put it this way, when we went to Versailles, he really liked it. If it's carved and gold and gaudy, he likes it. He has terrible taste. Except in women of course. Oh, and diamonds. He's good at buying the diamonds. Smart man. But back to me. I am totally addicted to homedecorating blogs and shows. I seriously could spend all day watching HGTV. This drives dh nuts. I am also an avid reader and a semi-health nut. Oh, and I love shoes. Seriously. You might have gathered that from the title of my blog. When I'm in the mood, I might show off a few of my favorite pair. I've got plenty.

FYI, For the sake of both privacy and because I have to use something, we'll call dh M, I'll be S and the boy can be C. It's like we work for MI-6. I'm sure I'll come up with something snappier later, but just getting my layout fixed the way I wanted it taxed my brain, so for now we'll just use initials.

On to C. He'll be 6 next month. I can't believe it. It seems like just yesterday we were bringing his tiny little self home. He's also wickedly smart. Too smart sometimes. We'll be homeschooling next yeat and he is so excited. He has a vocabulary that tested into the 15-18 year range. He never stops talking. Ever. He even talks in his sleep. He's exhuasting really. He's into dinosaurs, mummies, volcanoes, cars, pirates and Indiana Jones. When he grows up he wants to be an archeologist, paleontologist, Egyptologistst and a super hero. His superhero name is Super Quick, BTW, but he says I can call him 'SQ' for short. I adore him. Light of my life. All that jazz.

M is, well, annoyingly M. He's loud, goofy, funny and I love him. He's been in the miltary for 12 long years now. Only 8 to go. Unless he decides to stay for 30 (which is a strong possibility) and then there's 18 to go. Heaven help me. He studied music in college. That's an obviouse jump right? Music major to military. Yeah, I can totally see the connection. Actually we got married while we were still in college and were Po'. I was a semester from graduating, but he, the slacker who took a few classes as possible, still had a year to go. After I graduated, he decided to join the Army for a few years, get the money for college, get out and finish school. Haha! Joke's on me! I'm fine with it though. He loves being in the Army. Except for the whole deploying thing. Oh, and people always telling him what to do. He's gained a bunch of rank though in the last 12 years, so now he gets to tell soldiers what to do more than he gets told what to do. He enjoys his power. He's earned it though. What does he do in the military you might wonder? I don't really know. Isn't that funny? He has one of those jobs that can't be discussed. Can you imagine not knowing what your dh (or dw) does? It's weird, but saves me the tedium of listeing to him drone on and on about something that I would probably never understand anyway.

I work too. I've got to have money to buy all those fab shoes. I work in the gas and oil industry. That's right, I work for the evil corportation. And no, I don't get free gas. So, that's about it. Actually, there's a lot more going on, but I'll get to that later.

1 comments:

Laura said...

What great things you have done with your son for his Indiana Jones obsession. I will definately be printing out some things and perhaps hiding some artifacts in our garden too. Thanks for the good ideas, Laura

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...