Pages

The journey of a thousand miles begins with...the perfect pair of shoes.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Mama's got a brand new bag

After the big blog-a-thon over at Nester's yesterday I had a great thoughtful blog planned out about how much I enjoyed seeing what imperfect things other's found beautiful. It was to be very self actualizing, and deep. I had even planned to post more pictures of things that were not perfect, but incredibly beautiful to me. Oh yeah, I had a plan. I thought about it as I was running errands this afternoon. I wrote it in my head while I sat at the DMV (gah!) waiting to pay the taxes on my new car. If that doesn't make for a fun day, I don't know what does. Once I plunked down a small fortune to the state, I hopped back in my car, Ulrika Von Nordland (she's Swedish, hence the name), and drove off. Ulrika must have sensed my irritation, and somehow she drove me straight to TJMaxx. I love her! Of course since she went through all the trouble of getting me there, I couldn't be rude and not go in and browse around, could I? No! That would offend her. So, I got out and sashayed in. I always sashay when I'm at TJMaxx or Marshalls. I have no idea why other than the sheer excitement of what I might find THIS time. Wheeeeee! When you first walk into TJMaxx, you're confronted by racks and racks of beautiful name brand handbags. Oh, TJMaxx, you tease. You know just how to draw me in. I started walking the aisles, smelling the fine leather. I don't eat cows, but by golly I'll carry a handbag or wear a pair of shoes made of them. I'm weird like that. I walked past many beautiful bags of every shape and color, and then, there, in the back, I saw her. She beckoned to me, like a siren calling sailors to their doom, only not so ominous. Oh, she was a saucy, wicked little thing. A minx. I knew I had to have her. I reached for her and silently prayed she would not be one of those $400 bags marked down to a mere $199. Please, oh please, oh please don't be expensive, I thought as my hand closed around her deep green faux croc handles. As she came down from the hook, I saw a familiar pink and white polka dot interior and my heart soared. I knew she wouldn't be overpriced. I had 4 other bags with that pink and white lining at home. I flipped her around and saw the familiar Liz Claiborne lable. Squeeeeeeee! Her suggested retail was $72. Her TJMaxx price was $29. Huzzah!!!!! I hugged her to my chest and nearly broke out in song, but then I remembered I was in public and reigned myself in. Needless to say she came home with me, though sadly I found no shoes in my size I liked (bummer). The thrill of the bag outweighed the disaapointment over the shoes though and I sashayed out a happy camper. On the way home we stopped and got Ulrika some of that very expensive high octane gas she loves so much. It was $4.39/gallon, but really, she deserved it, right? Look at this bag and tell me Ulrika didn't deserve a little treat.



I will post that meaningful, deep, thought provoking post, perhaps tomorrow, but for tonight, I thought I'd share my pretty new bag. Aren't you just green over her?

4 comments:

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

What a fun blog! I don't know how I missed it during Nester's "imperfect party"--I thought I hit them all. So nice of you to add Hooked on Houses to your blogroll! -Julia :-)

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

P.S. I AM green over your cute new bag. I love TJ Maxx!

Kimba said...

I am most definitely GREEN over your new bag. She is just beautiful! I love, love, love green and that was a great find!

Tina said...

I NEVER find ANYTHING at TG Maxx! But I love the bag! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, sometimes it gets lonely...
Sounds like your son is a lot like my older son who just turned four ( into dinosaurs, space, seems way too smart for his years and is a walking encyclopedia and has to know everything about everything- whew! )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...