Pages

The journey of a thousand miles begins with...the perfect pair of shoes.

Monday, June 16, 2008

It doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful

My favorite blog, Nesting Place is having the first ever It Doesn't Have to Be Perfect to be Beautiful link-a-thon.


Isn't this pretty? Doesn't it look romantic? Can you imagine yourself curled up with your dh on the sofa with the glow of the candle light making you look years younger? I love candles.




Here's what it really looks like on any given day:




Not quite as romantic. In addition to the HUGE bottle of water and glass, there is a pair of sunglasses, a box of brass fasteners, a can of chalkboard spray paint and a cell phone. Oh, and Lightening McQueen of course. Can't have a day without Lightening McQueen. Underneath is a camcorder and a dog toy. On the sofa behind sits my computer Keiko (yes, I name my stuff), the cord to the camera, 2 remotes, a work file and the yearly alum magazine/update/plea for money from my high school. Ah, every day.


Here are my favorite imperfect pictures:


This was the first day of C's new job. He now has to feed the dogs. He takes it seriously. He heaps the bowls, occassionally to overflowing. The dogs LOVE him.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Now I know that Im not the only one with an overflowing dog bowl, hehe... love the candles... Thanks for letting all of us take a peek, Susie H

The Nester said...

yes, all of the essentials, water, cell phone, chalk board spray paint.

I'm glad to see you have your priorities strait! You are my kind of woman!

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

What a pretty candle holder! :) I'm impressed that there aren't any toys IN the candleholder. In my house there would be a Thomas train (or five) wedged in amongst all the candles!

~ Sarah

Momto5 RachelJoy Photography said...

very lovely :)

i enjoyed your blog.

Jenn said...

Thanks for lurking on my blog! I too love the water, chalk board paint, and the sunglasses. Great job!

Blogger said...

haha, that is the way I like my bowls filled, too!! Cute blog :)

Sissy said...

Isn't it so frustrating to straighten up your coffee table only to have other people put stuff on it? Happens all the time in my house!

Finding Normal said...

Lightning McQueen is a BIG part of my day. Love the new job--Noah does that too, and I think the dog tolerates him better now. :)

Jenny said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I enjoyed coming to yours. This has been so much fun!

I can relate to your coffee table picture. No matter how hard I try Polly Pocket and all of her friends end up strewn all over the top of my pretty glass table. It's a constant challenge. I'm glad to see I'm not alone!

Tiffany said...

Ha! I love the food picture. I bet your dogs do love him!

Bonita said...

Very romantic candles! Glad to see that C is handling the new job with enthusiasm!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...