Pages

The journey of a thousand miles begins with...the perfect pair of shoes.

Friday, May 6, 2011

Slacker Blogger

Let me blow the dust off my keyboard. Whew! That's better. I've been a slacker lately when it comes to my blog and I know it. To my faithful readers, I sincerely apologize. I'm really struggling right now with what write on my blog. I don't want to make it all about the baby, but right now, that's what my life seems to revolve around. My days are a blur of feedings, changing diapers, schooling Indy (who's enjoying the slackness at school) and trying to sleep.
Han Solo is now a month old! Can you believe it? I sure can't. He's roughly 6 pounds now!  I KNOW!  The night before last, I finally got him to sleep in his crib!  Halleluiah!  Up until then, he had been sleeping next to me in our bed because that was the ONLY place he would sleep.  I was dozing, but not sleeping deeply and for a few days thought I was going to lose my mind (what little is left).  The other night though, I thought I'd try the whole swaddle thing again (he did NOT like it when we tried it before), and he was okay with it.  I fed him, swaddled him, shushed him and very, very, very carefully laid him in his crib and he stayed asleep.  I crawled into bed (his crib is right next to the bed) and slept hard for almost 4 straight hours!   Huzzah!  I fed him when he woke, swaddled and shushed him again and guess what???  He slept for 4 more hours!!  I swear I could hear a choir of angels singing.  He did the same thing last night.  I can't tell you how much better I feel getting actual sleep.  I even dreamed!!!  Yes!  Cross your fingers this continues.


Last week Indy earned his Bear Badge in Cub Scouts.  This means he'll be a WEBLOS scout next year!  He's worked very hard this year and still loves scouting.  He also earned so many belt loops (achievement things) that his scout master didn't even bother to read the entire list (it took a page and a half to list them), but told the pack that Indy would look like a Spanish general when he got them all on his belt.  That's my boy. 


Look how many are in the bag:

I guess this qualifies as our first family photo:



Back when Indy was a baby I bought him a bear wearing BDU's (Battle Dress Uniform) and we put the uniform on him for photos with James Bond.  Look how cute:



Well, now the Army wears ACU's (Army Combat Uniform), so we had to buy a new bear for Han Solo.  He wouldn't put up with the beret though.  Here he is with James Bond:


 Aren't those cute????   You'll notice both boys look thrilled to pieces.


On his one month birthday, we took his photo with the bear Indy gave him when he was born.  We'll do this every month (hopefully I'll remember-I forgot a few months when I did this with Indy) to show how much he's grown.  This is a 9" bear.


So, that's what's going on in my world.  Hopefully things will get a bit more normal and I'll have more to blog about soon.  We're thinking of going to England for several days once Han Solo's passport comes in, so that should give me loads of blog fodder.    Until then though, I'll definitely keep up with RTT, because I've ALWAYS got random thoughts.

7 comments:

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Oooh...I am sooo feeling your pain! lol My new little grandson was born April 1st and we are all in the same boat! He's a 10 pounder now...but that doesn't seem to help with sleeping...for anybody. Your Han is a cutie! Love it that he wears a bear's uniform! Congrats to Indy! Happy Mother's Day!...hugs...Debbie

Raven said...

Love the baby uniforms!! I hope Hans Solo keeps up the sleeping habit. Go Indy! Have a great weekend!

Michele Feltman Strider said...

Good lookin' family you got there, MIHH!

Unknown said...

You have a beautiful baby! But only 6lbs? Was he early, and the reason I ask is my son(who turns three already on Wednesday) was 11lbs 5oz when he was born!!! I know, we made a huge super baby. Congrats on the sleep, I know how hard it is with a newborn. Keep up the good work.

Sandy said...

Hurray for sleep! Sleep deprivation is a horror. Congrats to Indy. I love all the family/baby photos. Beautiful people.

Sandy said...

Hurray for sleep! Sleep deprivation is a horror. Congrats to Indy. I love all the family/baby photos. Beautiful people.

Sandy said...

Hurray for sleep! Sleep deprivation is a horror. Congrats to Indy. I love all the family/baby photos. Beautiful people.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...