Pages

The journey of a thousand miles begins with...the perfect pair of shoes.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Way to make me feel like a slacker

I've been working on a super fabulous paper bag/butterfly wreath by MaryJanes and Galoshes for about a week now. It's been all over the internet since Kimba posted it last week on her DIY day recap. Mine is slightly different to the original (mostly because I don't have a scalloped 2.5 inch punch), but will be similar and hopefully just as beautiful. Seriously, it's gorgeous and I keep going back to look at it again and again.
Anyway, like I said, I've been working on it for a while. Oh, sure, I probably could have had it done in a few hours, but, you know I've got to check the blogisphere compulsively to see what other fab projects I can add to my ever growing to do list stuff to do. I worked on it for an hour or so earlier and then had to check the blogisphere decided to take a break for a while. One of the many, many, many blogs I follow is Musings From A French Cottage and I saw that there was a new post up and decided to check it out. It involved grain sacks and stuff. My favorite! She made a table runner and covered her dining room chairs and it looks fabulous. You know, just a little something she whipped up. Oh, and BTW, she's also in the early stages of labor. Labor people! With her 4th child. Are you kidding me? When I was in the early stages of labor the last thing you would have caught me doing is recovering my dining chairs. If you've never been over there, she posts amazing projects. She must be a power house of creativity. No, I've got creativity, what she has and what I lack, is activity. She's a power house of creative activity. She recovered chairs. In labor! I'm such a slacker. Must go finish my wreath off before she pops out a kid, cooks a 5 course meal, recovers her sofa with a homemade slip cover and hand weaves a new rug.

6 comments:

Tia said...

cannot WAIT to see your finished wreath.

i want to make one too!!!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I just got tired reading all that she accomplishes. Your last remark just cracked me up. I am with you. Finishing a wreath is enough. Great post, and gave me a great laugh. Hugs, Marty

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

funny, funny post! :) Get busy girl! What are you waiting on! Get that wreath finished! hehehe
thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment on the dresser/bench.
gail

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

That is TOO funny!! LOL Your wreath sounds very pretty! :)

Taylor said...

You are too funny, made me laugh out loud! I hadn't seen the french cottage blog, on my way to go check it out, thanks, I really needed another blog to check obsessively :) Anyway, make sure to send a pic of your wreath my way so I can post you with a link. Can't wait to see it, I'm sure its just as gorgeous!

These Are The Days said...

I'll have to check out her blog. Hey, who knew you were such a twitter queen?? Seriously how did you get so many followers? I've been at a standstill for like a month. Not that I twitter much but I guess I don't understand it? Kind of funny, I rarely get a message/reply from anyone. Have a fun weekend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...