Pages

The journey of a thousand miles begins with...the perfect pair of shoes.

Sunday, August 2, 2009

The birthday party by which all future parties will be measured

We did it!   We threw the coolest birthday party ever.  Seriously.  Ever.  Ev-er.  It was an Indiana Jones extravaganza.  Indy could not have been more excited.  M and our AMAZING neighbors and I have been working non-stop to pull this party off.  I have the best neighbors in the world.   You can’t have them.  I couldn’t have pulled this off without them.  Here are a few of the prep photos:
DSC_1251 DSC_1252 DSC_1254 DSC_1256
Huh?  Huh?  How cool is that?  M and his ‘brofriend’ set up the base camp outside.  S (the brofriend) has cool stuff from all over the world and the party was an excuse for him to show it off.
DSC_1257 DSC_1258 DSC_1259DSC_1262
We had an archeological dig site and the “Plank of Destiny”
DSC_1265 DSC_1266
In the basement of our building we set up Pankot Palace, a jungle and temple ruins. 
DSC_1269 DSC_1270 DSC_0050

Doesn’t this look like fun?  I’ll post photos of the actual party tomorrow.  You’ll want to see those.  And yes,General and Mrs. Ham did show up and yes, Cooper made the General eat a chocolate spider.  The look on M’s face in the photo is priceless. 

Linking to:




17 comments:

Bonita said...

I didn't know people actually threw parties of this magnitude. That is the coolest ever and that food spread looks amazing. You should send photos to a magazine like Family Fun or something.

Mike said...

I did see watermelon brains? I am not imagining that? HA! that looks like a great time!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Awesome! Can't wait to read all about it. I love the archeological dig! :)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Haha! That's awesome! I can't wait to hear all about it and see more pictures.

Unknown said...

OMG I can't believe that people can actually acomplish this!! I could never fathom a party of this magnitude! Kudos times a million!!! And I can't wait for the pictures!

Susie Q said...

Fabulous. Now off to pout since I didn't get to go!

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

How creative! My kids would love a party like that. Looks like a lot of fun!

Shauna said...

My son would love this party. Are those brains? lol Great job, I want your neighbors!!

Emily said...

Totally slick. What an awesome party idea!

Melissa said...

How awesome! You're kids must have had a great time. I wish I was creative enough like that to pull something like that off. But I'm not, so off to Chuck E Cheese we head :)

Krystal said...

Can I hire you to do my kids' b-days?!?! That was awesome!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Seriously. That IS the coolest party ever! What a fab idea.

JennyMac said...

You are awesome. Are those watermelon brains, seriously?

Email Me said...

Ok you sure know how to throw a party. I bet Indy LOVED it...you are a fun mom. I want an invite next time ;-)

Anonymous said...

This looks AMAZING!!! Wow!! What a party! So impressive. So many great ideas!! Way to go mom!!!

Percy Jaxon said...

And I thought I was the coolest mom ever...nope, you are for sur! Awesome, Indy is SO LUCKY.

Decor To Adore said...

You indeed went all out for this fantastic bash! Well done.

I love looking at your post on Trier too. It was such a wonderful city. Their Christmas market is divine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...