Pages

The journey of a thousand miles begins with...the perfect pair of shoes.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Table scape Thursday! And a recipe! Yea!

OMG, it's my very first table scape! I'm so excited. It's not crazy good, but it was for a real dinner party! Valentine's Day is really for the young and newly weds, IMO. Sure, it's nice to go out, but everything is so crowded and really, it's just annoying to see so many try so hard to be romantic. Who needs that kind of pressure? M and I (okay, really just me) decided to have a dinner party instead. We had 2 of our couple friends (and their kids) over instead.
We had salad (provided by one of the couples), shrimp and scallops en croute (recipe to follow), bake asparagus, broccoli and Erdbeer-Sahne Torte-Strawberry Cream Cake-(provided by the other couple). It was so nice and laid back. We actually decided to do this the morning of, so it was all a bit hurried (on my part). Not really romantic, but that's okay. We all had a great time.
Indy even put on a tie for the ladies. He told me that's what you do when you have dinner with girls on Valentine's Day. Smooth. They all have girls, so it was just him and 3 little girls at the kids table. We are so in trouble in a few years.









Shrimp and Scallops En Croute (about 4 servings)

1 sheet of puff pastry
10oz pkg scallops (cut in half if they are large)*
8oz pkg small shrimp (I use precooked salad shrimp)*
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2c milk
1 c shredded cheese (I use the Italian mix)
salt and pepper to taste

*I use small packages of frozen (thawed), but fresh will work too.

Cut puff pastry into desired shape (I used a heart shaped cookie cutter for V-Day) and then cut another the same size and shape. Cut the center out of the second shape and rub one side with a small amount of water. Place the damp side on top of the solid shape and press gently. When they cook, they will form a bowl.
While the pastry cooks (keep in mind that it takes the pasty a lot longer to cook than the filling), heat small amount of oil in deep frying pan or wok (I like to use the wok) and cook the shrimp and scallops until the scallops ar, e done (about 3-5 minutes). Add soup, milk and cheese. Salt and pepper to taste. Heat thoroughly and spoon into warm pastry shells. Done! This is so easy to make and makes a big impact. Indy loves this dish and always asks for seconds.

Thanks for visiting me on my first table scape and let me know if you try the recipe. It's delish!

19 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

The heart dishes and the candles in the candy hearts are just so pretty and I love the tulips. You did such a great job and it really is very pretty. Love the recipe, that's one I will have to try. Hugs, Marty

xinex said...

Very pretty! Love all the hearts!...Christine

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

Your first tablescape is a winner! Love the latering w/ teh glass plates...thanks for the recipe!

AnNicole@Our Suburban Cottage said...

Beautiful tablescape! And thanks for stopping by my blog. Your comment about Justin Timberlake totally cracked me up...oh yeah "He puts the sexy back in cooking!" :).

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your first tablescape!!! It is very pretty and the recipe sounds delicious, I can't wait to try it!

Unknown said...

Great Valentine tablescape. mishelle

Chandy said...

I love those dishes! Very pretty table! Valentines Day is more than romantic most times, so your table's perfect!

It's my first time participating, so I'm enjoying seeing everyone's table beauties. :-D

Carolyn

Unknown said...

I love your Valentine table! The hearts are so pretty!
Are you going to show us theShrimp and Scallops En Croute tomorrow on Foodie Friday? mmmm sounds so good!

*Really Rainey

Melissa Miller said...

I LOVE IT! :)

The heart plates and goblets are gorgeous!

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Love your tablescape. Love the dishes. Love the tulips. And I especially love conversation hearts. Yummy!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, your table just sings "love". it's so sweet. Love the candles hiding in the candy! Your dishes are wonderful. You've done a great job.
Be a sweetie,
shelia ;)

Fifi Flowers said...

The scallop dish sounds FAB!

Scribbler said...

I like your style!

Ellen

Katie @ makingthishome.com said...

hehe. I love that Indy put on a tie. Simple parties like yours are my favorite. Couldn't help but notice those candy hearts in English! I like it.
Katie

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Running late this week visiting blogs....

Hope you had a great Tablescape Thursday

Susan

Muppet Soul said...

I'm like, salivating looking at those pictures.

I totally avoided the Saturday-craziness, especially since people seem to come here from crazy places just to infest the city for the day. I did Valentine-sunday.

I so want to be that woman who throws dinner parties. ::sigh::

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

Cute, this is great for your first tablescape...great job. I have done some and I laugh because I do some crazy things just for fun, trying to do something creative here and there! I loved your post.
Blessings,
Debbie

Kathleen Ellis said...

Very cute!!! Welcome to TT!
Have a fabulous weekend!
;-D

Linda said...

That really looks yummy. I haven't been able to find mushroom soup here in a can anyway. I guess I could make my own or use the instant. I love easy, good recipes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...