Pages

The journey of a thousand miles begins with...the perfect pair of shoes.

Monday, February 16, 2009

Many Mini-Metas

How's that for alliteration? It's Monday! That means it's time once again for Metamorphosis Monday! Yeah! I don't have any rooms to show you today (they all in various metamorphic phases at the moment), but I have several projects for you to take a peek at.

First up is the frame for one of our home school boards. I got this frame at HL (I miss you HL!) a while back in the clearance section. IIRC, it was originally in the $40-50 range, marked down to $17.50 and then another 75% off. What a bargain! I loved the frame and the detail of it, but not really the gold color. I mean, it's nice and all, you know if you live in Versailles, but it just didn't really go in my house. Here is is in AZ:


And here it is today with a nice coat of paint. Isn't that better? I think so. Obviously I have to put the board back in and hang it, but we'll get there. See that pretty yellow wall behind it? That's going to be our school room. That meta for another day though. (Check back!)



When my downstairs neighbors PCS'd (military speak for moving) last month they threw this sweet little chair out. I saw it, looking sad and forlorn just sitting by the garbage waiting for the bulk garbage truck to come take it away, and knew I needed it. It had beautiful bones, and just needed some love. And paint.


Here it is painted the same color as the frame above. Adorable, right?


Our dining chairs were looking sad. And dirty. This was Indy's chair (before he became a much less messy eater). The beige color didn't really work anyway, so I decided to recover them.


No spray paint, but prettier.


Finally, here we are with all the chairs around the table. The table was great when we bought it, but it's just too small for our purposes now. Look how close the chairs are when pushed under. Crowded!


Last week we went to IKEA (squeeeeee!) to get some furniture for the school room and went to check out the Fundgrube section. In America, we would call it scratch and dent (though much of the stuff in Fundgrube is just returned, overstock or items that were used in a display at one time), but they call it Fundgrube, which literally translates to "find pit." M found this gorgeous table top. It has one small dent on one edge. There were no legs, just the top. It was marked down from 60 Euro to 29 Euro. It is a gorgeous table top. We knew we had to have it and snapped it up. When we got it home, we just sat it on top of our existing small table! M has to secure it to the table, but it is so heavy it's almost impossible to move, so it'll be fine until he can get around to it. Isn't it gorgeous? Look how much bigger the table is! BTW, we had a dinner party on Valentine's and I did my very first table scape! That will be posted for Table Scape Thursday. We comfortably seated 6 adults at the "new" table. We could have seated 8, but we would have had to go buy more chairs.


And that concludes today's Meta. Hope you enjoyed it. I can't wait to see all the other Metas!

13 comments:

Ms Martha Moore said...

A man's trash is another man's treasure!!

hehehe.....

i am happy that u took those steps... it feels that as if you are saving the environtment...

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Nicely done! Looks great

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

The chair and the frame are just wonderful in the red color. So perfect for the school room. The DR chair turned out recovered, and what an extroidnary find in the tabletop. I love the combination of the stained wood and the black. Looks perfect. Great projects. Hugs, Marty

Natalie said...

Love the red on the yellow school room paint. Gorgeous (and very stimulating!)

Steph said...

You've been busy! Love the red chair and frame. Your tabletop looks great.

Lisa (aka) French said...

I am loving the red chair and frame!! It will look wonderful! Everything looks great!! French;)

Melissa Miller said...

They look very pretty.

LOVE the red!

Wonderful MM post. :)

janet said...

love the red chair, you also did an awesome job recovering your chairs. I would say you have been very busy with lots of projects
thanks for sharing
hugs
janet

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

That's a lotta good makeovers and they all turned out nicely! Linda

Cass @ That Old House said...

Well now, you see? Those chairs just needed some loving TLC to bloom and shine, and you gave it to them.

I love the new IKEA tabletop, and especially the name of their scratch and dent dept, haha... got to remember that one!

Thanks for sharing!
Cass

Rue said...

You are good! The table amazes me. I wouldn't have thought of it, but it turned out great :)

hugs,
rue

These Are The Days said...

Fabulous!!! I love the red...love me some paint!

Anonymous said...

I keep seeing those darling high heels whenever I comment so I wanted to stop by and say HI!
Ohhh the red chair is scrumptous!
I love the board for the school room too!
All of it looks great :)
Happy Happy Thursday!
Robin
All Things Heart and Home

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...