Pages

The journey of a thousand miles begins with...the perfect pair of shoes.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The great purse clean out

Last month Indy earned his tiger paw thing-y for Cub Scouts. It attaches to the pocket and they put beads on it for....something. I do not get Cub Scouts. It's very complicated. You know a man came up with this stuff because a woman would never make it so complicated. Bobcats, Tigers, Bears, Wolves, Weblos, and on and on. It's mind boggling. Girl Scouts are simple: Daisy, Brownie, Girl Scout (now Studio 2B, which is weird, but whatever). Easy. I know you're wondering what on earth this has to do with the great purse clean out, but stick with me. I'm getting there. So, Indy earns his little tiger paw thing-y and I put it in my purse (see, told you we'd get there). This all happened 3 days before our household goods arrived. I decided that I would put the paw print up so I would know where it was when I got around to attaching it to his uniform. Can you see where this is going? Yeah, I have no clue where that flipping thing is. I have turned this place upside down looking for it. Where on earth could it possibly be? I had already checked the purse I took with me to the meeting and it wasn't there. Today I thought maybe I had pulled it out of that purse and chucked it into another one. Sounds reasonable, right? I thought so too. I pulled all the purses out that I keep in the same closet as the purse I carried that night (about 12). Since I was looking, I thought I'd clean them out. I did not know what I was getting myself into. I had already started organizing it by the time I thought to take a photo, so here's a glimpse of what I pulled out:


This is it catagorized:


Oh, and here are the eleventy-billion receipts I pulled out. I had to get rid of those before dh got home. Yikes!


So, here's a list of what I pulled out (aside from the receipts):

11 pens/pencils
6 lipsticks
2 tissue packets
my bluetooth earpiece (I have been looking everywhere for this thing!)
my iPod box with the cable
2 bottles of hand sanitizer
4 fruit strips (in the packages of course)
2 packages of cough drops
altoids
tictacs
5 packs of gum (4 of them were gross and got thrown out)
2 check books
chapstick
dramamine
compact hairbrush
pony tail holder
2 pins
2 bottles of med (though to be fair I jsut got those the other day-they are refills)
4 bottles of homeopathic meds (for bruising)
4 reusable shopping bags
film (I don't even own a camera that uses film)
an Army Lodging Directory
a kinder egg toy
Tide to go stick
The remote to my digital camera
46 cents
6 Euro 20 cents

6 comments:

Nikki said...

I love that you found film!! Do they still make that?

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog... I'll be back later for another visit

Susan

Unknown said...

My blog header is going crazy. For some its fine and others its off the board. It's driving me crazy and I can only imagine how it looks to yall. Im trying to find someone that will "do" my page. Any suggestions. Take care~

Katie @ makingthishome.com said...

There is nothing worse than finding US coins in your bag, I think... what the heck are you supposed to do with them. I don't know about you, but it's about the last thing I think of when I'm heading back to the US. We've got a pile of euro coins in the US, too.
Hope you're liking the lighter you. :)
Katie

Katie @ makingthishome.com said...

hehe! So funny to read this again, Mom in HH. I have to say you've got me beat!
Katie

J.J. said...

WOW - 6 lipsticks in a purse? I don't even own 3! Crazy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...