Pages

The journey of a thousand miles begins with...the perfect pair of shoes.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

!@#$ing Google+ and Blooger! Be warned

Learn from my mistake. In yesterday's post I commented that I knew the photos were all jacked up and hoped it was a Blogger problem. Well, guess what? It wasn't. I went to my Google+ account last week and looked in my photos file for some reason. Maybe I was bored. Anyway, there were filed there that had my blog name and tons and tons of photos. It seemed ridiculous because there were so many, so I deleted the albums. Big mistake. Big, BIG mistake. Those albums were all the photos on my blog for the past FIVE YEARS and when I deleted the albums I deleted every photo on my blog. Every !@#$ing one of them. There was nothing that said they were linked to my blog and Google cannot recover them. I seriously want to cry. There's no way I can go back and reload the more than 800 photos that were on my main blog and the 100 or so that were on my home school blog. I'm so pissed at Google I'm thinking of moving my blog to another host. This is beyond ridiculous. If you have albums in Google+ that show you blog photos, do NOT delete them. I'm going to slowly upload the side photos and banner over the next few days and fume the rest of the time. Not cool Google. NOT COOL.

3 comments:

instant student said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
instant student said...

Sorry that happened to you!

That's one of the reasons why I don't have google+.
They do things without telling you.
If you connected/accessed google+ with your phone, whenever you snap a picture with your phone, it will automatically be uploaded to the internet.
I heard about a lady that snapped a very private picture, just for her husbands eyes and it ended up online without her knowing.

Erika . . . with a K said...

OMG! What a horrible tragedy.... I can't believe Google would do that and I can't believe there is no way to recover them! I hate Google+

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...