Pages

The journey of a thousand miles begins with...the perfect pair of shoes.

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

RTT: The cookie candy bar


Stacy



*In anticipation of our upcoming move (which we now know will take place on Nov 21), James Bond and I have been cleaning and tossing stuff we don't need. I was cleaning out the kitchen when I ran across an unopened box of Thin Mints I had squirreled away when I was pregnant. Rapture! I opened them and discovered that they had stuck together in one big Thin Mint tube. They had to be eaten like a candy bar. A delicious, chocolatey, minty candy bar. Yeah, I was covered in crumbs and it's not something I'd want anyone to film and put on TV, but it was so yummy. No, I didn't eat the whole thing. I wanted to, but James Bond came along and this time I don't have the excuse of being pregnant to scare him off. Darn it.

*The MGM Grand in Las Vegas (on my list of places to visit) has 18,000 doors.

*Han Solo likes it when I sing "Low" by Flo'rida.  He also likes the dance that goes along with it.  Clearly I deserve the mother of the year award.

*Did you know that when "It's a Small World" opened in Disneyland (CA) that Walt Disney poured water from each of the seven seas into the ride's water channels?

*Who's now singing "It's a small world after all" in their heads?  You're welcome.

*James Bond's mom is full Italian.  She was born in America, her parents were both born in Sicily.  The other night we were talking about something Italian and he called it Mexican.  I laughed and told him for someone who was half Italian he was clueless.  Indy asked what I meant by half Italian and I explained and told him that he was 1/4 Italian.  He looked at me totally shocked and said "What?  I'm not 100% American?"  JB and I laughed so hard.

*This morning Indy was feeding the dogs and when he stood up, he clipped his ear on the corner of the freezer.  There were a few tears, but after a minute, all was well.  About 10 minutes later I was making him a cup of tea and asked if he wanted milk in it.  Without missing a beat he said "What's that?  I can't hear well.  I have ear damage."

*Yesterday Han Solo fell off the sofa.  He was sitting with Indy and leaned over to grab a teething ring and tumbled off before Indy could grab him.  He was fine, but cried for about a minute.  Indy cried for 20 minutes.  It was awful.  He felt so guilty and was so worried Han Solo was going to have a "mild traumatic brain injury."  This is truly a military child.

*Approximately 17% of all humans are left handed (James Bond is).  The same percentage is true of chimpanzees and gorillas. 


*How true is this?



*I applaud their reasoning:

Happy RTT to you all!  Winners of last week's giveaways will be announced tomorrow.

4 comments:

Mama Badger said...

It's awful to see the little ones take a tumble like that. With all the information out there, I think we all assume we just ruined their brains!

Anonymous said...

LOL @ the cassette and eraser. I told my son he'd never know what it feels like to push a VHS tape into a VCR. Of course he just didn't care...

Michele Feltman Strider said...

I think a YouTube video of your song and dance act is absolutely required.

Captain Dumbass said...

I had some comments to make about earlier stuff in your post, but then I hit the casette tape and can't stop laughing. I'm stealing that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...