Pages

The journey of a thousand miles begins with...the perfect pair of shoes.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

RTT: Sleep , weird laws and Snape GPS


Stacy


Tuesday!  When all the flotsam and jetsam that have been floating around my brain can be scooped up and put into one semi-coherent place.  Yay!

*We had a minor emergency here yesterday that ended up with Arf (4 pound Maltse) having emergency surgery. He's okay though, so don't worry. He had a tooth abscess and push up through his face (it didn't break through, just pushed up). The vet had to remove the tooth and six others that were bad. He's a much happier camper now. This came up almost over night. Poor baby.

*I tried to get photos of Han Solo is his gorgeous Christening gown, now that he's actually big enough for it and can smile.  He would not smile for anything.  Indy and I were practically standing on our heads and nothing.  I took it off him (you know, so he wouldn't drool on it) and 10 minutes later he was smiling like everything is the world was hilarious.  Awesome.

*Han Solo discovered his feet recently and now all he wants to do is put his toes in his mouth.  

*The other night Indy freaked me out to no end.  I was sitting in the living room and noticed the time.  It was 10:30pm and I decided to go to bed.  Just as I was getting up, Indy walked out of his room.  This is our conversation:
Me:  What are you doing up?
Indy:  I'm looking for it.
Me: Looking for what?
Indy: You know.
Me: No, I don't. What are you looking for?
Indy: Never mind.
Me: Oooookkkkaaaaay.
Indy: Come with me. {gestured towards his room}
I get up and follow him and he's sitting on his bed.
Me: [Indy] what are you doing?
Indy: {gestured towards his night stand} I'm looking...for...the remote.
Me: What?
Indy: The remote!
Me: What remote?
Indy: For the thing!
I had no idea what he was looking for, but noticed his clock was missing. I knew it was in the school room though.
Me: Do you mean your clock?
Indy: Yes, my clock. Yes.
I go get the clock, bring it back and place it on his night stand.
Me: Is this what you were looking for?
Indy: Yes. {and he fell back into bed and his eyes rolled up in his head}

I should mention that his eyes were completely glazed over the entire time and he was COMPLETELY ASLEEP.  Holy moly!  He's talked in his sleep since he was small, but this is the first time he's ever actually walked in his sleep.  Yikes!



*I find old laws fascinating.  Here are a few examples:



 ----Modesty laws were very strict in the early 1900s. In 1919, a woman was detained at Coney Island for wearing a bathing suit in public—under her street clothes.  (Boy, there are a lot of women who belong in jail!)
.

----It’s illegal in St. Louis, Missouri, for a fireman to rescue a woman wearing a nightgown. If she wants to be rescued, she must be fully clothed.  (Darn, who wants to be fully clothed when a good looking fireman comes along?)

----A woman in Memphis, Tennessee, is not allowed to drive a car unless a man is in front of the car waving a red flag to warn people and other cars. (James Bond would say this is still a good idea  I disagree.)


----
Flirting in Little Rock, Arkansas, can land someone in jail for 30 days. (Do you think Clinton knew about this one?)

*Normally, I would post a funny sign here, but I found this and couldn't resist.  If you can't read it, click on it to enlarge.  You won't be disappointed.


Okay, I'm done for today.  I hope you all have a great Tues.  Click the link above to read the other randoms and link up your own.

4 comments:

Big Mama Cass said...

Better stick some child safety locks on the door. My little brother used to sleep walk and walked out into our front yard once and was doing snow angels in the grass when my parents found him.

Kristine said...

My daughter walks and talks in her sleep too. It is soooo creepy. We make sure the doors are deadbolted just for peace of mind...

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

I love following the progress of your little Han since he is about the same age as my youngest grandie! He just found his toes, too! Thanks so much for your sweet comments and for entering my Annie Sloan giveaway! Hope you are having a great week!...hugs...Debbie

instant student said...

As the lady before me said, I love reading about your little ones progress.
When I was an Au Pair it always amazed me, how much and how fast they learn new things and develop.

Thank you for your comment! I sure will be happier in my new place. I can already feel it. :)
But I don't have my own washer and drier.
They are in the basement too and I have to share them.
BUT I don't have to take the bus to the public laundromat anymore. That always was like a 3 hour outing, and I would haul textbooks and coffee there too, just to not waste my time while sitting there.:)
Pictures might follow when I am completely done unpacking. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...