Pages

The journey of a thousand miles begins with...the perfect pair of shoes.

Sunday, November 9, 2008

I *heart* Hugh Grant

This is a totally silly post, but I'm just in the mood. I love Hugh Grant. Love him. I adore his quirky characters. Is that wrong? In fact Hugh Grant is on my 5 list. If you weren't a Friends fan (and who wasn't), they did an episode where they all had to come up with a list of 5 celebs they would be given a free pass to do the deed with should the opportunity ever arise. M and I joking made our own lists and mine includes Hugh Grant. Actually he's tied for 2nd place with Hugh Jackman. Who's first you may wonder? Johnny Depp. Of course. Oh, hey, I just realized I only live on country away from him now. Hmmmm....maybe a trip to France should be in my future. I kid. Anyway, back to number 2: Hugh Grant. I love him. He's in some of my favorite scenes from movies.

Best fight scene in a movie. Ever.: Bridgette Jones's Diary. (And as an added bonus, he fights Colin Firth {number 3}).

Best bad movie dancing not in Footloose: Love, Actually.

Best 80's pop video parody: Music and Lyrics (Pop Goes My Heart)

Best decleration of love in a Jane Austin adaptation not uttered by Mr. Darcy: Sense and Sensibility.

Best embarrasing himself scene to help a kid: About a Boy

Best wacked out labor scene in a movie: Nine Months

Best bumbling Englishman in a movie with a ridiculously long title: The Englishman Who Went Up a Hill and Came Down a Mountain.

Best time moving along sequence in a movie: Notting Hill

Best almost wedding (with an insane bride): Four Weddings and a Funeral. Though why he fell for Andie MacDowell is beyond me. Just listening to her makes me want to fall asleep.

Best wearing of a really high hat in a movie: Impromptu

I could go on and on, but I think you get the idea. I've only seen 2 Hugh Grant movies that I didn't like: Mickey Blue Eyes (I liked his character, but the movie as a whole...blech) and The Lady and the Highwayman. This is one of his earliest starring roles and it is so bad I can't even sit through an entire viewing of it. The writing was terrible. This was a really low budget film. I saw an interview once where Hugh joked it was so low budget that he thought they all shared the same wig.

So, there's my silly confession for the day. Fortunately for me, M likes Hugh Grant movies too, so I can watch them almost anytime I want. (Insert girly squeal here).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Hugh too - he's so endearing, and even funnier off-screen imo.

Anonymous said...

Best Mugshot: Hugh Grant in 1995.
I'm not making fun of him. He looks absolutely adorable in this shot. Kinda like "Oops. I got caught. You still bloody love me anyway." (shrugs shoulders)

http://www.mugshots.org/hollywood/hugh-grant.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...