Pages

The journey of a thousand miles begins with...the perfect pair of shoes.

Monday, November 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Daddy!

Today my awesome dad turns 60! 60! Holy cow. Unfortunately I have no photos of him on my computer (and I still don't have my scanner) or I'd post one. I look just like him, only younger, with more hair, oh and female. So picture that. Me, just older, bald and male. So now you know what he looks like. ;)

With dh being in the military, I don't get to see my dad that often anymore. Maybe 2-3 times a year. When I do see him though, it's always something of a shock. He looks remarkably like my grandfather now, and I always wonder how that can possibly be. When I think of my dad, in my mind I see him as he was when I was a child. I see bright red hair, smooth, relatively wrinkle free skin, and polyester pants. I know, it's sad that I think of polyester pants, but there you have it. I was born in the 70's. What are you going to do?

My dad was in the Navy while I was growing up. He served 27 years and was gone a lot, but when he was home, he spent lots of time with me. I learned to love reading from him. I learned a lot about the English language from him. I learned how to be silly from him. I learned how to change a tire and change the oil in my car from him. He said I may never need to do it, but I should at least know how. He's a great dad and I'm lucky to be his little girl. Happy Birthday Daddy! I love you!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...